PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sporting News NFL Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up a copy of the Sporting News NFL Preview magazine yesterday.

They have us winning the AFC East at 11-5.

They have us playing KC on the Wild Card weekend and beating them.

Then the next round they have us playing the Colts and losing. :enranged:

Then the Steelers and the Colts play for the AFC Championship and the Steelers win and go on to win the SB againts Carolina.

Of coarse, this means exactly nothing but as we have a very long season ahead strarting 27 days from now.:rocker:

Last edited:
imho PIT will not repeat the last year victory but CAR looks a good team in the Nfc

for PIT it will be not easy too to win the division and if Palmer returns from week 1 i think that CIN can win again the Division

for us, injuries permitting, i see the AFC East in our hands-then let's see...

the Pats normally knows the way to play in the play-offs (ok...with one exception as we know...)

PATSNUTme said:
I picked up a copy of the Sporting News NFL Preview magazine yesterday.

They have us winning the AFC East at 11-5.

They have us playing KC on the Wild Card weekend and beating them.

Then the next round they have us playing the Colts and losing. :enranged:

Then the Steelers and the Colts play for the AFC Championship and the Steelers win and go on to win the SB againts Carolina.

Of coarse, this means exactly nothing but as we have a very long season ahead strarting 27 days from now.:rocker:
This sounds a lot more like what the analyst wanted to happen last year than what will happen this year.

drpatriot said:
This sounds a lot more like what the analyst wanted to happen last year than what will happen this year.

I agree with that. With the Browns, Ravens, and Cincy all improved over last year the Steelers will have a hard time winning their division never mind getting a first round bye. We stand a better chance of getting that.

And the Colts will have a hard time winning their division with Jax on the rise. It won't be a cake walk for them this year as it was last year.

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
I agree with that. With the Browns, Ravens, and Cincy all improved over last year the Steelers will have a hard time winning their division never mind getting a first round bye. We stand a better chance of getting that.

And the Colts will have a hard time winning their division with Jax on the rise. It won't be a cake walk for them this year as it was last year.

Plus a team or two everybody discounts will make it big, and a team or two that are supposed to be locks will fall on their faces, present company excepted of course. Preseason predictions are fun to look at, but they always look like a slightly tweaked last-year's-story.

It just gets worse when they try to put a real dark horse in the running, a la the trendy choices of Arizona and Detroit to make some noise a couple years ago.

PFnV

Hey, if Palmer didn't ger hurt last year in that playoff game there was no way in hell the Steelers were going to beat the Bengals.

The Colts D is weaker than it was last year and their offense is more one dimensional now that Edge cant keep D's honest. That will hurt the Colts immensely.

Everything fell into place last year for the Steelers and got lucky they won the Super Bowl. They will not repeat.

First off,

Last season's Steelers were not as good as the 2004 Steelers. Palmer doesn't go down, they don't make it past the Bengals (IMO). The Superbowl gets called fairly, they lose (IMO). I "think" they will take a serious step back this season. But again, that is just my opinion.

No real reaction to anything else.

Actually, let me add this.

If Palmer comes back healthy this season, and that is a big if, I think they would have to be the favorites from the AFC!

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion, the Steelers will have a let down similar to the one we had in 2002. That plus Rothlesburger's injury. I just don't see them doing anything next year.

The Bengals don't have a decent backup quarterback.(that I know of, I could be wrong) so Romeo should have a better chance this year.

I'm wondering if the Colt's players are getting a little tired of being thrown under the bus by their all star quarterback.

Just wondering.:cool:

Unfortunately Colts have no challenges within their division. Jax is improved but they are a team I can still see Indy beating twice. Titans and Texans...forget about it.

Kdo5 said:
Unfortunately Colts have no challenges within their division. Jax is improved but they are a team I can still see Indy beating twice. Titans and Texans...forget about it.

I remember looking at some of the Titans pickups and thinking it ain't over quite yet (don't just mean Givens.) I'm going on record and saying they'll win more than 6 this year... uh does that win a division?

PatsFanInVa said:
I remember looking at some of the Titans pickups and thinking it ain't over quite yet (don't just mean Givens.) I'm going on record and saying they'll win more than 6 this year... uh does that win a division?
Okay. I can see them going maybe 7-9. More than that is a longshot. They play the AFC East, NFC East, Baltimore, San Diego and their own division. I just don't see them going more than 7-9 with this schedule.

So Nut, who do these clowns have winning the AFCW that Denver is here as a WC? And obviously they have Pittsburgh and Indy winning their divisions with 12+ wins? Most Steeler and Colt fans - the rational ones anyway, don't have them winning with more than 11.

The Colts have a cupcake 5 before the bye aside from opening night vs. Eli in NY. But after the bye it gets tougher with the 'Skins, @ Dallas, @NE, Philly and Cincy but when Palmer should be fully recovered. And they will likely split with Jax. I think they max out at 10-11 tops. And Pittsburgh's schedule is a beast. Week 4 bye, but Miami, @ Jax and Cincy to open and after the bye @ SD, KC, @ Dallas, @ Oak, Denver, @ Atl, @ Ravens, Bucs, Browns, @ Panthers, Ravens and @Cincy. 10-6 if they are lucky.

MoLewisrocks said:
So Nut, who do these clowns have winning the AFCW that Denver is here as a WC? And obviously they have Pittsburgh and Indy winning their divisions with 12+ wins? Most Steeler and Colt fans - the rational ones anyway, don't have them winning with more than 11.

The Colts have a cupcake 5 before the bye aside from opening night vs. Eli in NY. But after the bye it gets tougher with the 'Skins, @ Dallas, @NE, Philly and Cincy but when Palmer should be fully recovered. And they will likely split with Jax. I think they max out at 10-11 tops. And Pittsburgh's schedule is a beast. Week 4 bye, but Miami, @ Jax and Cincy to open and after the bye @ SD, KC, @ Dallas, @ Oak, Denver, @ Atl, @ Ravens, Bucs, Browns, @ Panthers, Ravens and @Cincy. 10-6 if they are lucky.

They have Patriots at 11-5:enranged:

Steelers at 14-2:rofl:

Colts at 14-2:rofl:

Denver at 12-4

WC Teams are

KC at 11-5

Fins at 10-6:rofl:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back