Welcome to PatsFans.com

Spitzer resigns.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by jack, Mar 12, 2008.

1. jack

jack Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080312/ap_on_re_us/spitzer_prostitution
    NEW YORK - In a startlingly swift fall from grace, Gov. Eliot Spitzer resigned Wednesday after getting caught in a call-girl scandal that made a mockery of his straight-arrow image and left him facing the prospect of criminal charges and perhaps disbarment.

"I cannot allow my private failings to disrupt the people's work," Spitzer said, his weary-looking wife, Silda, standing at his side, again, as the corruption-fighting politician once known as Mr. Clean answered for his actions for the second time in three days.

He made the announcement without securing a plea bargain with federal prosecutors, though a law enforcement official said the former governor was still believed to be negotiating one. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the case.

Spitzer will be succeeded on Monday by Lt. Gov. David Paterson, a fellow Democrat who becomes New York's first black governor and the nation's first legally blind chief executive.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  2. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

The ones who feel guilty usually do. The ones who care about power above all, try to stay on as long as possible.
  3. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I'm OUTRAGED!!!!!!

There, now the cons can't accuse me of a double standard.
  4. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I agree.....This guy did the wrong thing...then the right thing by stepping down.

he is a scumbag. Other scumbags should do the same.

Funny though, last night while watching this on the news, my fiance said to me:

"These stupid Republicans are always getting messed up in all this sex crap, can't they keep it in their pants and do their jobs?"

to which I replied

"That dude is a Democrat."

she was shocked.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

I guess some people are realizing the sad reality that these people are all the same. I'm glad he resigned, even though he doesn't represent me, simply because I've always felt we need to hold our representatives to a higher standard.
  6. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Still though, it kind of leaves a bad taste when I realize how many scumbags didn't resign and are still in power, those who did far less positive work than Spitzer ever did.
  7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I'm going to try the Fog strategy and deflect. Should be fun.

Curious, but when does that DC Madam trial begin? Will Cheney's name still be supressed from that list? Will ABC be showing some balls and continue their story, after dropping it cold last year in the face of a few phone calls from the White House?

Also, the murder of that assistant US attorney working on the DC Madam case. Is that still "unsolved?" Any repurcussions on the other US Attorney involed in the DC Madam investigation, who was conveniently part of the attorney purging?

Gosh, what a string of odd coincidences.
  8. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

9. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

I'm trying to understand the wife ... she's right there with him. Hard to put yourself in her shoes ... but, I can't see myself doing that for him. Unless she was an enabler to it for all these years. Loving the guy and letting him get his rocks off because she knew he had sex problems.

Then I look at the kids ... if she enabled him what does that say about her morality being the role model for 3 daughters? I really could give a crap about him ... the intrigue in all of this is his wife ... I'm not getting it.

Should a mother tolerate such behavior from her kids father?
    What is he teaching his daughter about women ... that they are sperm receptacles?
    If she had any morality at all she would have dumped him on his butt years ago and told him to get help for his sexual urges or be gone. Not to be all high and mighty here but I think being a parent obligates you to the highest standards that there are.

How you act and treat other people will directly influence your childrens lives. He has ruined his daughters lives ... no amount of spin will change that they know realize they have been lied to for a very long time by the two people that are supposed to love them the most.

I really could care that he loves sex and loves it with hookers. I am troubled by the wife's actions .. unless I am missing something here.
  10. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

My opinion of the man's gone up, at least he had taste.

Attached Files:

11. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

12. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Reality is a beotch...