PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Spikes UP, Cunningham DOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you must be absolutely freaking illiterate. You completely missed both "other than sacks" and "last season."

Cunningham:
4 hits, 17 hurries, 31 run-defense tackles

Dunlap:
3 hits, 4 hurries, 7 run-defense tackles

lulz...and who's production would you take? The 9.5 sacks or a guy that almost gets there?

It's silly to argue that Cunningham had a better year than Dunlap.

Just another freak level prospect we passed on for somebody that "fits our system."

lulz...and who's production would you take? The 9.5 sacks or a guy that almost gets there?

It's silly to argue that Cunningham had a better year than Dunlap.

Just another freak level prospect we passed on for somebody that "fits our system."

Well when you account for the fact that Cunningham had a hell of a lot more run responsibility, ("a lot" compared to "on the way to the QB") that accounts for the half-step difference. Sacks are a horrible way of measuring pressure, because it's possible to put up sacks in 5% of your total pressures or 60%.

Well when you account for the fact that Cunningham had a hell of a lot more run responsibility, ("a lot" compared to "on the way to the QB") that accounts for the half-step difference. Sacks are a horrible way of measuring pressure, because it's possible to put up sacks in 5% of your total pressures or 60%.

Sure they had different responsibilities but which guy do you think we could have used more last year and this year? Who would've made a bigger impact?

Dunalp could've seen alot of time in our subpackages last year. And right now it looks like we don't have a single player capable of bringing consistent pressure. Shocker,i know.

I'm not gonna make some final judgements about Cunningham...still in his 2nd year and has injuries but so far Dunlap has been better for the Bengals.

What's troubling is that he can't even seem to get playing time over Ellis (who has been unspectacular to say the least) in the 4-3 de position. Ellis looks as if he's stuck in the mud out there and Cunningham should be a good fit in that position.

Last edited:
Sciz you don't know what the hell you're talking about. First of all he played 16 plays. It wasn't schemes. Belichick is barely playing him. The people who watch the game film and the people who watched him all camp have said the same thing. Bad camp, not impressive on film. Just not an impact player. Is your loyalty to Belichick so displaced you can't grasp the obvious. Wow, what is up with the denial on this message board. Everyone together, this DEFENSE IS AWFUL. It has awful players, most of who were not drafted. Just accept it. Another lost year because the coach/organization would not draft defense or spend on it for free agency.

Guyton - undrafted
Arrington - 7th round pick
Barrett - 7th round pick
Brown - undrafted
Fletcher -undrafted
Ninkovich - 5th round pick

That's 55% of your starting lineup right now. Absolutely awful.

Seau will drop the RB for a Loss and fish pump where as Spikes will do it once he tackles the RB after has has gained ONLY 5 yds.

I never noticed Junior fish-pumping.

Now that's just ludicrous.

Everybody knows that Seau is a notorious fish pumper.

His daddy is a notorious fish pumper.

And his daddy, before him, was a legendary fish pumper.

Clean it up, Brother Julius.

fish-art-shoe-300x244.jpg

It's ALL about the Fish Pump!! :rocker:

Sciz you don't know what the hell you're talking about. First of all he played 16 plays. It wasn't schemes. Belichick is barely playing him. The people who watch the game film and the people who watched him all camp have said the same thing. Bad camp, not impressive on film. Just not an impact player. Is your loyalty to Belichick so displaced you can't grasp the obvious. Wow, what is up with the denial on this message board. Everyone together, this DEFENSE IS AWFUL. It has awful players, most of who were not drafted. Just accept it. Another lost year because the coach/organization would not draft defense or spend on it for free agency.

Guyton - undrafted
Barrett - 7th round pick
Brown - undrafted
Fletcher -undrafted

...due to injuries. Nothing like willful misrepresentation to make a point.

Bauer you're such a fanboy. Guyton plays every series and has for 3 years. Do it has nothing to do with injuries. He's part of the rotation as is Arrington. They cut all their safties so Brown is the FS and Barrett is the 3rd safety. Fletcher is part of the plan as well and Ninkovich has been starting for 2 years. Seriously, do you watch the games, do you even read about the team? You don't really make any points other than to throw out a nah, nah, nah, nah post.

Bauer you're such a fanboy. Guyton plays every series and has for 3 years. It has nothing to do with injuries. He's part of the rotation as is Arrington. They cut all their safties so Brown is the FS and Barrett is the 3rd safety. Fletcher is part of the plan as well and Ninkovich has been starting for 2 years. Seriously, do you watch the games, do you even read about the team? You don't really make any points other than to throw out a nah, nah, nah, nah post. All these guys play.

from yesterday BB interview looks like Flecher will be the LB with the DOT for now. He is stout then guyton during running down and better in coverage then Spikes.

Bauer you're such a fanboy. Guyton plays every series and has for 3 years. Do it has nothing to do with injuries. He's part of the rotation as is Arrington. They cut all their safties so Brown is the FS and Barrett is the 3rd safety. Fletcher is part of the plan as well and Ninkovich has been starting for 2 years. Seriously, do you watch the games, do you even read about the team? You don't really make any points other than to throw out a nah, nah, nah, nah post.

Yes, I am a fan of the Patriots. That's why I post here. I'm not sure what team you're a fan of, but if it's the Patriots I pity you. I am, however, impressed that you managed to type an entire paragraph that doesn't even address my point.

1.) Guyton doesn't and hasn't played every series for 3 years
2.) I've already said their safety moves were a mistake
3.) Fletcher and Ninkovich are solid players, so I'm not sure how that helps your point

Guyton - undrafted
Barrett - 7th round pick
Brown - undrafted
Fletcher -undrafted

We're 4 games in man, it's nowhere near over. Still a good amount of time to get better with our defense. We have a lot of injured players so let's take it easy from "this year is over" mentality. It hasn't looked pretty, but let's wait till the season's over before we start proclaiming this year a lost year.

from yesterday BB interview looks like Flecher will be the LB with the DOT for now. He is stout then guyton during running down and better in coverage then Spikes.

Fletcher has impressed BB all pre-season and into the games. Tedy Bruschi commented that Fletch has his same pedigree, a college DE pass rusher converted to NFL LB. It took Tedy a while, why not Fletch as a work in progress? I expect goodness from the kid in Mayo's 6 week or so absence.

Sciz you don't know what the hell you're talking about. First of all he played 16 plays. It wasn't schemes.

When you don't understand the argument, don't call out somebody who does. It makes you look like an idiot.

(We're talking about last season, as you completely failed to read.)

What's troubling is that he can't even seem to get playing time over Ellis (who has been unspectacular to say the least) in the 4-3 de position. Ellis looks as if he's stuck in the mud out there and Cunningham should be a good fit in that position.
Different position. When Cunningham puts on 25 pounds, then we'll see how he does at that LE spot. The way it is, though, that LE spot is more of a run stuffer by design.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes