PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Spikes released

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Doesn't seem that bad"? if you are s driver and you cause an accident, you are morally obligated to stop and make certain the person/people you may have injured are not in need of medical attention. It doesn't matter if it ends up no one was injured, the act itself is a responsibility without exception IMHO.

For a driver that says 'I did something wrong, I need to get out of here right now!' despite causing an accident with unknown levels of injury, they are a demonstrated hazard to you, your family, your friends and anyone else on the road. Fortunately the law sees it that way too.

Yeah when you put it that way....I haven't ever really thought about the logic of hit-and-run. Come to think of it, it's pretty douchey. :)

good riddance.

spikes's career is probably over now

Why?
The crime sprees were on BB's watch. Does Meyer have some telepathic/see into the future powers with the ability to control players' actions a half decade after the U of Florida umbilical chord was severed? Both AHern and Spikes were on their second Patriots contract....Is that Meyers fault as well?
Yes.

career and a lot of money on the line and idiots like spike think it's ok to drink and drive and endager everyone on the road..what a complete piece of garbage.

I guess the ABS on the Maybach worked well .... 275 ft skidding usually you're off the road ... rolled over or both.

Urban Meyer is a good coach .. but he's a whore ..

that's what he is ... doesn't care much about his players off the field - win at all cost.

Sad. Spikes was a good player for us and could have had a big impact again this year. What an idiot.

****ing idiot. He would have been a great addition :mad: like really? Dude you can afford to get it fixed.

he was probably stoned or drunk, so he fled. Stupid signing but only cost $25K so meh

i cant stand kraft but this has nothing to do with that phoney coward. this is on spikes. if he did rear end another car he should have stayed at the scene of the accident. the team might not have cut him if he did.
DUI would probably get him cut.

I'm guessing no other team would have so quickly released a player. I'm also pretty sure there are scores of players in the NFL with worse infractions behind them.

Patriots microscope.

It's all ******** - trying to stay squeaky clean isn't going to help their reputation and isn't going to stop teh NFL from pounding them at every opportunity. Only losing will do that.
It's not trying to stay squeaky clean, it's keeping cancer out of the locker room by excising it as soon as it's visible.

According to the lawyer for the folks who were rear ended, there is overwhelming evidence
that Spikes' car was the hit and run vehicle.
He won't be able to afford another Maybach, if that's true.

Well yeah.....that's the whole case really.
Spikes hammered
Spikes rear ends car
Spikes calls agent
Agent says , your buzzed, now get the phuck out of there
Spikes takes play from Ty Law playbook and gets his cousin to say he was driving.
Case closed
And then the cops find the surveillance video from the bar where he was drinking, subpoena cell phone records to triangulate his phone and his cousins phone, charge them both with perjury and the NCCI inmate football team has a defender worthy of going against AH.

Who takes Spikes' role on defense? Wells? ****son?

Who takes Spikes' role on defense? Wells? ****son?

The question alone is a reminder of how annoying it is just to have to deal with the issue.

After all, we all know that the team is in a fine position with LBs overall once HT/Mayo return, but Spikes was an experienced guy who knows the system and could cover the responsibilities until the middle-end of the summer when one/both LBs return (we hope).

Hopefully, as you note, one of the lesser known/rookie LBs can step up and take advantage of the opportunity now.

It's not trying to stay squeaky clean, it's keeping cancer out of the locker room by excising it as soon as it's visible.
Spikes may be a completely irresponsible,unstable, moronic wack-job but not sure I'd classify him as a locker room cancer.

When I think of locker room cancer I think of Carl Everett, Eric Lindros, Terrell Owens, Albert Haynesworth and Moss at the end here.

Never saw Spikes as a locker room cancer, honestly.

Is Alan Branch a cancer? Because he could be exactly where Spikes is right now.

The difference is what Branch did was before he was a Patriot if it was during bye bye.
I am just thankful the Patriots gave Julian the benifit of the doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back