PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Spikes released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think he would make the team anyway. A good run stopper but lacked coverage skills. I do hate to see someone release for being a dumb ass though. But I guess we shall hear all about it on his twitter rant!

That's what you get with one year cheap money "show me" deals that Krafty Bob loves...sh#tty players and even sh#ttier people apparently...

****ing idiot. He would have been a great addition :mad: like really? Dude you can afford to get it fixed.

That's what you get with one year cheap money "show me" deals that Krafty Bob loves...sh#tty players and even sh#ttier people apparently...
i cant stand kraft but this has nothing to do with that phoney coward. this is on spikes. if he did rear end another car he should have stayed at the scene of the accident. the team might not have cut him if he did.

Once bitten twice shy...

I'm guessing no other team would have so quickly released a player. I'm also pretty sure there are scores of players in the NFL with worse infractions behind them.

Patriots microscope.

It's all ******** - trying to stay squeaky clean isn't going to help their reputation and isn't going to stop teh NFL from pounding them at every opportunity. Only losing will do that.

The idiot count on the team back down to 1, and atleast Blount is mostly a harmless, fun idiot.

ESPN needs to hurry up with the 30/30 on the 2008 gators.

The true victims are pleased with this decision
whNR9ooimS5iw.gif

The Pats have enough distractions to deal with already so they don't need more. At least it happened early and not during training camp.

And, if somehow, someway he's cleared, he can be resigned. It's really for the best to get another LBer on the roster and keep tabs on Spikes. The moment they show evidence of a hit and run (which they might already know about) you move on completely. Doubly so if he lied about anything.

good riddance, what an idiot.

Oh well. I was never overly concerned about the 4th LB spot anyway. Well Fletcher just made the team.

There's a chance this could be the end of Spikes' career. After his first stint with the Patriots, there wasn't a huge demand for him in free agency. The Bills declined to re-sign or extend him after one year there. This incident is going to result in teams steering clear of him for a while.

Assuming there's no suspension or legal cloud hanging over his head, a team that gets hit hard with linebacker injuries could sign him, but I don't think he's going to have many other options.

#powwwwwwwww

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back