PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Spikes,Mayo and Dennard fined a total of over $40,000 in Bills game

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cheap shot by Spikes on Fitzy was the worst, especially since it kept a drive alive. I can't stand the helmet to helmet hits that are clearly an intent to injure. What fans seem to forget is that hits like that could lead to retaliation. If Brady went down because of that then it won't seem so intimidating and the cost won't be measurable.

This, for me, is the other end of the extreme. There was no intent to injure. It was a silly mistake.

i'm kind of appalled by the stupidity from the league in not fining players as percentages of earnings. spikes is making, what, 530 this year? he's down 46 after taxes from two fines, which is about 80 pre-tax. so he's essentially lost a sixth of his salary this year for two hits. that is absolutely ridiculous.

That's the kind of detail that has to be negotiated between the league and the NFLPA. And the NFLPA is always all about what is best for it's constituency of choice, the players in the upper earnings percentile. They never want to see a prime offender who is also a peak earner docked significantly for safety or any other reason. If he makes it into their prime constituency, Dennard will thank them. If he never does, they don't really give a rats ass about him.

Spikes' hit on Fitz didn't deserve a fine IMO. Flag, sure. Fine, not so much. The league is going overboard with "protecting" QBs.

I know Fitz is taking some heat here for his reaction to the hit and his postgame comments but IMO he already had a predisposition against Spikes due to his' hit on Chandler in game 1. As a Bills fan it was nice to see Fitz at least stand up for himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes