PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Spikes is The Sparkplug

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJDChE

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I like this defense so much better when he is out there.

With Ray Rice coming to town Spikes will need to have another big week.

D looks more energetic when hes out there. they executed very well on saturday lets hope its all smooth sailing till we raise the lombardi

I like this defense so much better when he is out there.

There was one play I remember from Saturday where Hochstein looks like he steps into the hole to lead block and Spikes slams into him so hard that the RB slows down enough for Wilfork to drag him down.

With Ray Rice coming to town Spikes will need to have another big week.

Spikes played 59 snaps vs DEN which is obviously a run-oriented offense.

I expect him to play just as much vs BAL.

Need to stay in the lanes and protect vs the cut-back. McGahee seemed to break off 3-4 runs on cut-back runs.

DMc, Ninko and Ellis are keys here.

Couldnt agree more with the OP, love the energy love the attitude and love the passion. the Man is a beast when healthy i hope him and Mayo are manning the LB positions for the foreseeable future.

Glad to see he's getting his due. This D is coming together.....

Spikes and Chung seem to be sparkplugs-- along with a penalty or two(Late hit Chung). Defense seems much better with them in there. Nobody in the media seems to mention that the defense has been hurt a lot of the year and that they are playing better with them in there.

Spikes and Chung seem to be sparkplugs-- along with a penalty or two(Late hit Chung). Defense seems much better with them in there. Nobody in the media seems to mention that the defense has been hurt a lot of the year and that they are playing better with them in there.

I know Simms mentioned it briefly during the last game. But the entire media is going to see us as a bad defense until we do it to someone other than Tebow.

I like him too, but does anyone else think it's weird he keeps changing his twitter location to hell on Earth and stuff?

He was great, and he will need to continue vs. the Ravens, and if we face the 49ers in the Superbowl.

For a limited player in today's NFL, he's certainly will be able to prove is usefulness vs. all the run teams in the playoff run.

I know Simms mentioned it briefly during the last game. But the entire media is going to see us as a bad defense until we do it to someone other than Tebow.

They won't even do that. If we beat Baltimore, they'll say that the Pats D managed to play well against a mediocre, regressing QB in Flacco.

If the Pats D do something well, the opponent's offense suddenly sucks.

I like him too, but does anyone else think it's weird he keeps changing his twitter location to hell on Earth and stuff?

I think it's weird that people are on twitter at all, so I'm probably the wrong person to ask.

Yeah, you're right! Let's hope for Guyton instead! Seriously, does it really matter as long as he brings it on game day?

Last edited:
Spikes brings energy to this defense that we haven't seen since the early 2000's of Bruschi and McGinest. He has not only brought intensity to the defense, but IMO has made Mayo more of an impact player.

Yeah, you're right! Let's hope for Guyton instead! Seriously, does it really matter as long as he brings it on game day?

Just hope Pats players (Spike, Chung, Connelly, etc..) are healthy for Sunday.

Please, Guyton is a dud. 3rd stringer at best.

We stop the run (ala: Ray Rice) and force Flacco to throw.

Spikes is a run-stopper (and a bit of a pass-rusher..)

Yeah because I totally said "Who cares what Spikes has done! His twitter location is negative so let's sit him" :nooo: It was just a second thought that I brought up because I thought it was odd lol.

Last edited:
I feel our personnel is better suited for the 3-4. Mayo and Spikes are a heckuva ILB tandem. Mayo can't make as big an impact from wolb in a 4-3 and Spikes is a tad slower than you want in a 4-3 MLB. He can do it. Just not his best scheme IMO. Also, our DL are a bunch of fatties. Better suited to two gap than the long lean pass-rushers the NYG have.

I hope the media continue to talk about the Bad D.

Its of little or no importance now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey