PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Spikes injured?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was SanAngeloState who said that.

SanAngeloState over reacted and said something kneejerk? I am SHOCKED!! :rolleyes:

Glad Spikes is OK. He's going to be a very good, maybe even great Patriot, for years.

ANYTHING w/ KNEE'S being injured SUCKS

Phucking idiot... why play basketball? jesus

you are safer getting SMASHED at a bar than playing B-Ball. High Ankle sprains, Acl/mcl tears... perhaps a meniscus :confused:

goodjob Spikes I use to like you, but you are dumber than I expected :bricks:

ANYTHING w/ KNEE'S being injured SUCKS

Phucking idiot... why play basketball? jesus

you are safer getting SMASHED at a bar than playing B-Ball. High Ankle sprains, Acl/mcl tears... perhaps a meniscus :confused:

goodjob Spikes I use to like you, but you are dumber than I expected :bricks:

You and SanAngelo should have your very own sub forum...

Spikes' friend now says he's DEAD!!! OMG!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:
I have to agree. How many NFL players don't play a game of basketball at some point in the offseason? In fact, my guess is that the reason you hear about bball injuries so much is simply because it's the most popular offseason athletic activity. If everybody in the league were, say, going ice climbing or cave diving or racing motocross, the consequences would be far, far worse.

Or to put it another way...you know how everybody raves about all the soccer Welker puts in to improve his footwork? If tomorrow he tears his achilles playing soccer, does that mean he's been an idiot all along?

Anyway, best wishes for good health to Spikes.

It might be due to the fact that Spikes has done some other very stupid things and it's starting to look like a trend.

Mmm, I thought Spikes has been saying his friend died; that's what I get from the Spikes Twitter account.

Heh!

I only hope that the fish are biting like this

Heh!

I only hope that the fish are biting like this

Yeah, I figured there was sarcasm there but I'd hardly say I bit. Fact is Spikes is Tweeting about the death of a friend today.

Just found out one of my homies got killed yesterday .. can't believe u gone my bo

Twitter

Yeah, I figured there was sarcasm there but I'd hardly say I bit. Fact is Spikes is Tweeting about the death of a friend today.

Twitter

He also does some stuff about "please don't oh please don't be broke" and he answered "SMH" (short for "shaking my head", which means dissapointment) responding a tweet asking if he's injured.

I'd trust Rosenhaus more, although it's hard to trust an agent!

It might be due to the fact that Spikes has done some other very stupid things and it's starting to look like a trend.

Even if the story is true, I'd hardly classify playing basketball in the offseason as a "very stupid thing".

Honestly I would have felt better if his agent didn't say anything, I don't trust anything Drew Rosenhaus says!

Last edited:
He also does some stuff about "please don't oh please don't be broke" and he answered "SMH" (short for "shaking my head", which means dissapointment) responding a tweet asking if he's injured.

I'd trust Rosenhaus more, although it's hard to trust an agent!

Yup; not enough info to say one way or another for sure. [Edit: Maybe Spikes was "Shaking my head" 'no'. :) ]

Last edited:
Even if the story is true, I'd hardly classify playing basketball in the offseason as a "very stupid thing".

In terms of intensity, how hard was he going at it? I’ve played light-moderate racketball and been able to get a solid workout out of it without having to go full-bore, which would commonly result in an injury or sprain when I did.

After 6 years of posting here, I still get amazed over the type of posts that I see from "patriots fans". And when one goes away, someone else registers to take their place.

Maybe the new CBA will provide a palstic bubble for every player. Then they won't pull a hammie on the golf coarse during the off season.

Last edited:
Playing pickup hoops is aerobic and something most of us have done. At least he avoided risky activity like that really scary water slide Tom Brady went down.

It's looking like Spikes pulled a flock of sheep over the eyes of the ADHD Chicken Little Pats fans who go knee jerk galactica over any unconfirmed "report" on the net...

After 6 years of posting here, I still get amazed over the type of posts that I see from "patriots fans". And when one goes away, someone else registers to take their place.

Maybe the new CBA will provide a palstic bubble for every player. Then they won't pull a hammie on the golf coarse during the off season.

Fans of every team do this. If the player is popular, excuses are made. If the player is one of the whipping boys, it becomes a feeding frenzy bagging on the guy.

Basketball!? Who does Spikes think he is engaging in a healthy cardiovascular activity in the offseason? He should be doing nothing and getting fat. They should be all getting fat. Then we can call them lazy instead of stupid. :rolleyes:

Oh, no question, he's been plenty dumb in the past. I just can't see shooting some hoops with his buddies as part of that trend. From the tenor of this thread, you'd think he'd gotten hurt juggling flaming chainsaws on a tightrope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back