PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Spikes injured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriotscpfc

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
bust of a pick. pure thumper...maybe someone else can play ILB or maybe use different sets and looks. How about a 3-3-5 with someone who can rush the passer and cover playing one of the LBs?

Look, it would really suck if he suffered a serious injury playing pick up basketball.. but how does that make him dumb? Is Chad Pennington a moron because he tore his ACL doing the same thing? I mean, what do you expect, these guys to live in plastic bubbles except for four hours on Sunday?

Not saying these guys dont have the right to play and enjoy their off time but I swear pick up BBall seems like an injury waiting to happen. I know I have heard several times injured in pick up Bball. This and Chad Penningtons recent injury come to mind. Though it might not be fair to use Chad as an example.

I might be wrong about this but I think Dante Cullpeper may have injured or re-injured his knee playing hoops too.

Their bodies their risk and their money. I know it is annoying from a fans perspective but not my place to say he shouldnt just doesnt seem wise.

Spikes doesnt appear to be the sharpest tool in the shed, Herzlich has been a binkie for quite some time, this is just one more reason I'd like to sign him.

57803_Mark_Herzlich.jpg

That almost looks like a Patriot uniform, c'mon, BB, make it happen!

Last edited:
I don't know if that is legitimately Spikes' account, but it sure is one tough read.

Bit surprised it showed up on the Patriots official blog; I know they're given some freedom there but there are too many questions for any legitimate news org to run with this just yet. My 2¢. (That and I certainly hope he's OK).

Last edited:
Knee-jerk reactions much? He could be completely healthy within a week for all we know, but people are using this as a reason for calling him a bust?:confused:

bust of a pick. pure thumper...maybe someone else can play ILB or maybe use different sets and looks. How about a 3-3-5 with someone who can rush the passer and cover playing one of the LBs?

How about a 4-4-2 with Altidore and Donovan up front?

Maybe a bit early to compare but he is starting to look a bit like another doozy off the field....Brandon Meriweather

I hope it's nothing serious.

Look, it would really suck if he suffered a serious injury playing pick up basketball.. but how does that make him dumb?
He is making millions per year at a job where the average career is about three years, and he is risking those millions playing basketball off by himself in Florida or wherever instead of working out with Mayo in Massachusetts. That makes him dumb.

Look, it would really suck if he suffered a serious injury playing pick up basketball.. but how does that make him dumb? Is Chad Pennington a moron because he tore his ACL doing the same thing?
Yes, except of course that Pennington already made his millions and was probably not going to play in 2011 anyway. Plus Pennington is football savvy and personable and will make a great TV personality a la Bruschi. Can't say the same for Long Dong Spikes.

I mean, what do you expect, these guys to live in plastic bubbles except for four hours on Sunday?
No, I don't expect them to do anything. They are grown men. They can do what they want, but when they do dumb things, it's okay for us to point out, "Hey, that was a dumb thing to do."

If Spikes had half a brain, he would say to him, "I am making millions per year at a job where the average career is about three years. Maybe I should refrain from pickup basketball, skiing, and cliff diving so as not to injure myself and be forced into working in a used car dealership. Not that there is anything wrong with working in a used car dealership.

Same rationale applies to concert pianists who decide to try bare knuckles boxing between concerts. Dumb.

Look, it would really suck if he suffered a serious injury playing pick up basketball.. but how does that make him dumb?

I have to agree. How many NFL players don't play a game of basketball at some point in the offseason? In fact, my guess is that the reason you hear about bball injuries so much is simply because it's the most popular offseason athletic activity. If everybody in the league were, say, going ice climbing or cave diving or racing motocross, the consequences would be far, far worse.

Or to put it another way...you know how everybody raves about all the soccer Welker puts in to improve his footwork? If tomorrow he tears his achilles playing soccer, does that mean he's been an idiot all along?

Anyway, best wishes for good health to Spikes.

Hypothetically, how long does a broken ankle take to heal?

Knee-jerk reactions much? He could be completely healthy within a week for all we know, but people are using this as a reason for calling him a bust?:confused:
It was SanAngeloState who said that.

well...heh..this happened 24 hours ago...supposedly...NOTHING on ESPN...NOTHING on PFT....NOTHING on Google....a tweet....someone said, someone who could be anyone said..a tweety bird said...and then these knee jerk reactions villifying Spikes for everything from the Lindbergh kidnapping to the Charlie Sheen "WINNING!" tour....:bricks:

I'm sure he's fine. He's got a high enough profile that we'd have heard something else by now. Even if he isn't, it's easy enough to find a cheap stop gap solution for an ILB spot in free agency. Keith Bulluck comes to mind.

Dane Fletcher ftw

If I recall correctly, wasn't there another Brandon Spikes twitter account that turned out a few months ago to be fake? I'm not saying that this one is or is not; just something to consider before jumping to conclusions.

There is only one Patriot player that appears in his timeline (Kyle Love); I thought most of the Patriot players that are on twitter all talk to each other on a regular basis.

It's not out of the realm of possibility that this one is also a fake, and Love was duped.

lol @ people calling him a bust because of this

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye