PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Spikes hit on Shonn Greene - wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
P.S. maybe a little holding against Wilfork at :40 seconds??

Last edited:
i dont think they can flag you for helmet-to-helmet if the offensive player becomes a ball carrier. greene was clearly done with the act of catching the ball and, unfortunately for him, got caught by the unstoppable force, spikes.

someone needs to make a good quality gif of that

i thought he had knocked himself out too. From now on, i call him pit bull. he is fearless.

i dont think they can flag you for helmet-to-helmet if the offensive player becomes a ball carrier. greene was clearly done with the act of catching the ball and, unfortunately for him, got caught by the unstoppable force, spikes.

This is true, that's why the Jets were clamoring for a "defenseless receiver" call. The funny thing about that is that, as you said, he had already caught the ball, turned, and run a full yard upfield. If the game was called as the Jets' apparently want it to be called, then apparently you wouldn't be allowed to tackle anyone until he had a five yard running start after the catch.

Last edited:
greenehit.gif

powwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

scott99 said:
If you watch the replay, it's more about Greene hitting Spikes than the other way around. Greene was the initiator, but winds up getting the worst of it. What a collision. I was a little afraid of how Spikes arms went (almost like flailing), and was glad HE was the one getting up fast.

one of greene's arms went completely limp and fell immediately...I'd be more worried about that.

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

Yeah, I'm thinking the Jest violated some of the new concussion rules in bringing Greene back into the game.

As for the hit, I actually think Spikes only got about 60% power into that one. Had he really squared it up, it might have been even more devastating. Loving this LB corps.

Last edited:
one of greene's arms went completely limp and fell immediately...I'd be more worried about that.

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

Wait until Hightower really hits his stride. :D

I have to say I love that split second when his body is deciding if it's going to keep moving forward or not. :)

That moment is kind of like the bag in the wind its heading one direction and then suddenly hits a current in the other direction and now has no place to go but up. Greene was going so hard in one direction and Spikes hit him so hard the other way that he kind of just hung up there for a second like the bag in the wind.

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world"

tumblr_lxgdc2bNf01qbqjpbo1_500.gif

Love our LB's, fast,strong,young,and are getting smarter and smarter. If they can all stay healthy the Pat's are gonna have a one of the best D's in the league for years to come.:singing:

It looks like Shonn Greene initiated most of the contact from this angle. Spikes probably woke up with a few aches from this hit on Monday morning himself.

I'll bet Greene stops, drops and rolls like he's on fire if he gets to the second level and sees Spikes coming at him in the next one at the Meadowlands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back