Welcome to PatsFans.com

Spending critic Brown backs Mass. weapons bid

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by reflexblue, Apr 8, 2010.

1. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

So what ever happened to mister Fiscally Responsable? I read about this engine a couple of months ago, long before Scott brought this up. This is what they were saying a couple of months ago its not needed.

Spending critic Brown backs Mass. weapons bid - The Boston Globe

WASHINGTON — Senator Scott Brown says he will fight to fund a multibillion-dollar weapons program that could generate jobs in Massachusetts but that the Pentagon insists it does not need, sparking criticism that Brown is breaking his campaign vow to rein in wasteful spending.

The Bay State Republican’s support for General Electric’s bid to build a backup engine for the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter puts the new senator in the middle of a confrontation over congressional earmarks with the Obama administration, which has threatened a presidential veto if Congress inserts funding for the engine for the fifth year in a row.

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +807 / 26 / -33

Listen to the flush of all the hopes and dreams that somehow he would be some type of deity or at least some type of savior and stop frivolous government spending.. the F-35 is a golden cash cow..

3. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

Man its awful quite, i think soem people are hoping this thread dies a quick death.

4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So he's like 99 other Senators and 400+ Representatives who say that we should cut spending (just not in my district).

How is this news?

5. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

Thats right, same as the old boss except i think there would be a few crying bloody murder.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Are you just pretending to not acknowledge that this is a massive spending bill that goes against all logic and reason?

Point is that Brown ran as a spendthrift, but when it comes to spending on the military, he and other ex-soldiers think that just spending money means that the military gets better at their mission (and I won't go into what that should be). This guy's nothing more than a rookie legislator at this point. I hope he improves and I kinda like the guy, but he's got a lot of education coming at him.

I wonder if this is a pennance for his vote for Obama the other week?

7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +892 / 7 / -3

I want to say first hand that I voted for Brown, and I don't like this. I'd prefer that he vote, or act against wasteful spending, period. Some people think this isn't wasteful, some do. From the little I read in the article, I think it's wasteful. Hopefully he has a change of heart. I won't ever agree with everyone on everything, and here I'm in disagreement with Brown.

Where are the Globe's spending critiques of the other mules that represent this state? Did Brown not oppose that horrible spending bill called Obamacare? Were they championing him on that? Of course not. Why? cuz they supported waste in that instance. Better yet, if Brown voted against this, does anyone think the headline wouldn't read "Brown votes against keeping jobs in Massachusetts" or what have you. Most of us know the Globe has it in for "down 15 points" Brown, so whatever he does, he won't get much positive press from them. Plus, Brown did say he was going to do what was in the best interests of the people he represents. That would be the people of Massachusetts. Is he not doing that here? (playing devils advocate here) Yes, he is. Let me reiterate though; I prefer all wasteful spending, to our state's benefit or not, be ELIMINATED. Therefore, I am not on Brown's side on this one.

8. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No, what I am saying is that every single Congressman always talks about cutting spending - just not in their own districts. If you're so obsessed with Scott Brown that you want to single him out for doing something that about 550 other Congressmen do, have at it.

9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +807 / 26 / -33

But I thought he was going to make a difference, and stand up for his core beliefs, not to follow the party line.. sounds like just another capitol hill lemming to me.. the F-35 is filled with delays and cost overruns.. by the time it becomes operational it will be obsolete.

10. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

You mean like a politician saying, “If your family earns less than $250,000 a year, you will not see your taxes increased a single dime. I repeat: not a single dime". And then adds/increases taxes on everyone [size=-4](Exemptions for religious objectors, undocumented immigrants, prisoners, those earning less than the poverty line, members of Indian tribes, and hardship cases (determined by HHS)[/size]? :confused2: Bloody murder anyone? Read my lips.

11. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

Mikey i don't need to start a thread about O man, there are about half a dozen rabid posters that will do that.

12. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

It goes to how politicians say anything to get elected and then do what they want. And there aren't a half a dozen posters here who would actually say something negative about "O man".

13. Amazon4

Amazon4 On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

If the program is going to happen regardless, then I just assume that he work towards creating jobs in MA rather then have them go else where. He also said creating jobs here was his priority, too.

14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,110 / 3 / -10

He's doing what politicians do.

15. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

But he was the Tea Party Messiah, he of all politicians ISN'T suppose to do this.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,110 / 3 / -10

Like Jug Ears was our Savior, Change We Can Believe In (hopey changey) nothing changed, he of all politicans ISN'T supposed to do this.

Presidetn Barack (Jug Ears) Obama "blah, blah, blah"
    Mush Mouth Matthews "oh god my legs are tingling"

Obama's dog "BO" has sex with Windbag Bidens leg.

17. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Got a link to that?

18. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +807 / 26 / -33

He wasn't your Savior, you do not like him before and do not like him now.

19. khayos

khayos In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This. He campaigned as an independent bent on defeating healthcare reform. Defense spending projects to bring local jobs is pretty much par for the course here. It's silly for staunch conservatives (like me) to say he betrayed them because he never proclaimed to be a staunch conservative -- others just wanted to paint him with that brush. It's equally silly for liberals to say he flip-flopped and he didn't. It's just partisan noise.

20. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

Good rationalzation......:rocker: