PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SPECULATION! PFT Culpepper to Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
per PFT report of NFL executives speculating that Culpepper could land in New England

I would rather have Vinny Intecepteverde as our 3rd stringer than Dante Culpepper.

Giving up a draft pick for him is laughable. He sucks!

It's almost like people assume the Patriots are interested in every player because of how active they have been this offseason.lol

But I heard a more recent report naming the three teams that are interested in Culpepper and the Patriots are not one of them.

I'd love to see the words said about Pep around here if he became a Patriot.

Do they really think Belichick would give up a draft pick for a third string QB? Seriously.

Nope, but it Culpepper is cut, and no one's biting to pay him to start, it's not a bad place to sign a 1 year deal.

Reunite with Moss. Catch some late season snaps. Win a ring. Sign elsewhere in '08.

Yea, I do not like him much. a few years ago i would have been happy if he was out back-up. He isn't going to do anything special.

I'll have the same opinion I have of him now. He sucks and is incapable of reading a defense.

Sort of like when you said Welker was part of the Dolphin's Murderers Row and that you would hate to see him go to the Patriots, and then after the trade you said Welker wasn't any good and you were glad the Fins got rid of him? That kind of stuff?

Well, don't think you'll see it here, except for the few guys who already said they wanted to sign him in another thread. Not me. I said before that Culpepper is a better QB than Green, and the Fins would be a better team with Culpepper than Green, but that does not mean I want him on the Pats. I don't.

I've always said, "In Bill We Trust," but WTF would we want Culpepper for? As a friend for Moss? Why would Moss want Culpepper when he has Brady? (Yeah, I know you and FeelMyPain and Welker83 swore that Culpepper was better than Brady, but except at the buffet line, that isn't true.) Screw Culpepper and the dolphin he rode in on.

Don't need him, don't want him.

I would be very disappointed if we signed him, disgusted if he made the 53. I'd rather have Monty Beisel back.

I know... I can't really understand the attraction... the only way I could see Culpepper returning to the dominant form he had with the Vikings is if he had the quality receivers he had with the Vikings.

Hey.... wait a minute... ;)

per PFT report of NFL executives speculating that Culpepper could land in New England

"SEVERAL TEAMS NOT KEEN ON 'PEPPER

Though the identity of the teams interested in quarterback Daunte Culpepper isn't known, Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that several squads have indicated that they aren't interested in acquiring his services.

The Bears, Vikings, Falcons, Giants, and Raiders are in the "no, thanks" club.

NFL personnel execs have speculated that the Jaguars, Pats, Rams, and Lions could be interested."

They're probably basing this on two things: 1) people think we're they new redskins and we sign anyone and everyone (this is of course not true)
2) the reunion between moss and culpepper (again i doubt this would ever happen)

it's the offseason things are slow

The Lions would actually be a great move for both sides.

why would anyone even speculate Culpepper to the Pats

It make no sense on so many levels that it is quite comical

Culpepper resigned to backup, possibly third string?

Culpepper to reunite with Moss?

Culpepper to accept backup money?

Pats to give up draft pick for someone they don't need?

Last edited:
According to NFLN he has now asked for his release, saying he needs to be relieved of the baggage of his existing deal to move on with another team. Apparently someone representing him (he's his own agent which makes this stuff really dicey) has been in touch with the JAGS. Baltimore is now also rumored to be a potential landing site. Or St. Louis.

No more mention of us, thank god!

Culpepper will land in Baltimore. Mark it, put it in the bank.

The Lions would actually be a great move for both sides.

I can't think of a worse quarterback to run the Martz precision offense.

I would say Chicago, Minnesota or Jacksonville would be the most likely candidates. But really, I think Culpepper is going to be a backup for the rest of his career. Kind of like Brian Griese/Gus Frerotte.

Last edited:
I can't think of a worse quarterback to run the Martz precision offense.

I would say Chicago, Minnesota or Jacksonville would be the most likely candidates. But really, I think Culpepper is going to be a backup for the rest of his career. Kind of like Brian Griese/Gus Frerotte.

Chicago - would he really be an upgrade over Grossman? Rex is bad but he does enough for his team to get by. Push, if they signed Culpepper it would only be another disappointment

Minnesota - I think they have a hard time here because they have nobody at QB, i dont consider Tavares Jackson or Bollinger serious players because both have almost 0 playing time between the two. But would he go back? I honestly dont think so.

Jacksonville - Whats one more average QB added to two others? That would be the worst idea for JAX ever. Instaed of a two man QB controversy your going to add a third player? Ridiculous! David Garrard still wins it in my mind, good accurate arm with mobility? He's what C-Pep used to be. Also that team has never had any receivers.

Baltimore - The team might be more interested than the player. McNair is a couple of hits away from permanent injury and Boller is god awful. Troy Smith is impressing but i would throw him into the fire so soon. Besides Baltimore still has a decent line and now a better RB in McGahee so it would take some of the pressure off the QB whoever that may be.

To be honest. The Vikings make the most sense of them all.

Detroit would never take C-Pep. Martz would never be able to use him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes