PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Speculation: Patriots set to make big trades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no issue mortgaging a bit of the future to win now with a 36 year old Brady. So fire away and get him that 4th ring to end the GOAT nonsense.

Future pics for someone? You would think! Other than Mallett, I dont see them trading bodies for pics and they have few pics this year. I dont even see Mallett as a big trade especially if it were for pics. Its rare you see a player for player trade.

A big trade would be 2 nd rd pics or a 1st in 2015 for a impact player who would still have to be cap friendly. Fitz? Cruz? Do they need another WR? Revis perhaps?

Hm, can't they just sign him and give up the required third?

It was a reference to Welker from 07 when we threw Miami and 2nd and 7th instead of just signing him to the offer sheet.

"a big trades"

If that's not ambiguous, I don't know what is.

FWIW (not much) a moron on a Best Damn Patriots Group FB site has been forecasting for hours trades involving Pats DL and LBs. Claims he's never been wrong. Did correctly forecast Wes' contract #s though, a Welker hater.

Hah -- Lombardi and Belichick team up to stick it to Pitt

They can, but then Pittsburgh could match. This would be a way of sweetening the deal for the Steelers to keep them from matching the contract.

Of course, with their cap status, that would probably be an empty threat anyway.

Maybe the Pats hear "if you throw in a 7th, we won't match" which allows the Pats to sign him to a friendly deal in terms of this years cap.

Revis Island

There may be other bidders. Plus signing an RFA very, very, rarely means a switching of teams. Almost always the team matches. All "signing" an RFA does is to stick to the team tendering the RFA.

What really happens is that there is a signing by the original team and a trade, with a late rounder thrown in.

Either Sanders or Cruz could qualify as discussions on a big trade, or of course, Revis.

Fitzgerald and Revis for some combination of 1st and 2nd rounder and conditional picks for both spread out over the next 2 seasons. I stake my internet reputation on it.

FWIW (not much) a moron on a Best Damn Patriots Group FB site has been forecasting for hours trades involving Pats DL and LBs. Claims he's never been wrong. Did correctly forecast Wes' contract #s though, a Welker hater.

Spikes for a lots of draft picks - and if there are any others who we deem as expendable, then trade them away for picks!

Spikes for a lots of draft picks - and if there are any others who we deem as expendable, then trade them away for picks!

Right, because effective Run D is SO passé

How this offseason has left me feeling:

KNPGQPB.gif

Arizona cannot trade Fitzgerald, their cap hit would be untenable and the Jets would trade Revis to us like we would trade Brady to them - ain't happening.

Fitzgerald and Revis for some combination of 1st and 2nd rounder and conditional picks for both spread out over the next 2 seasons. I stake my internet reputation on it.

Fitz to the Pats is *all over* twitter right now...

Revis and Fitz? Ahhh I dont think they can afford that.

This all depends.

Are they all in to get TB a ring (which I think they should)

Or

Are they conducting biz as usual and being a smart FO doing what they have to do to keep the team elite every year.

I want the ring for TB and I dont care if they have to be an avg team after he leaves. It was like the Sox in 2004. If they won the WS I said I wouldnt care if they went 500 for the next 10 years.

What is this FO thinking?

Arizona cannot trade Fitzgerald, their cap hit would be untenable and the Jets would trade Revis to us like we would trade Brady to them - ain't happening.

If we offered the Jets the incarcerated bob package (this years 1st next years 2nd, + another conditional pick) and it was the best offer on the table they'd be stupid not to take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes