PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Speculating about the Mariota trade

varjao

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Hi guys, it's the slow off season, not much to talk about it so be it.

There's a strong perception that Chip Kelly will do whatever he can to trade up and get Mariota. They already got the #10 pick in a trade that in terms of value was much better for the Rams, so they already jumped 10 spots if i'm not mistaken. Right now they are in the top 10 but even there the price to go up is expensive so there's a chance a blockbuster trade happens because Mariota can go as high as #2.

I think this trade might even reflect on a third team somehow but I can't see the Pats being affected by that in any form, anyway it's interesting because there might be some musical chairs happening.

I think the Giants and Redskins do not offer a threat over the next 2 or 3 years, it's the Iggle and Cowboys on the division, so I think Chip can offer this year's 1st rounder and their next 2 first as well if that's the price. It's interesting to also evaluate the Redskins position, they trade the farm to get RG3 who is not a complete bust at this time but it's in his way there if he doesn't turn things around. I don't think they regret the trade besides that, when you have a chance to grab a franchise QB the price is high.

What do you guys think?

Philly does not have the 10th pick in this draft. There was an erroneous report at the time of the Bradford/Foles trade. It's not true though.

I think someone will get the hots for Mariota and will move up to the second or third pick to get him.

Philly does not have the 10th pick in this draft. There was an erroneous report at the time of the Bradford/Foles trade. It's not true though.

I think someone will get the hots for Mariota and will move up to the second or third pick to get him.

Really? So that trade makes no sense at all, trading Foles for that injury prone pile of sh*t and eat that contract? Wtf :eek:

The funny thing is that I think there is a legit shot that.. Tennessee trades out of the #2 to San Diego for Philip Rivers.

The funny thing is that I think there is a legit shot that.. Tennessee trades out of the #2 to San Diego for Philip Rivers.

That's really interesting, one might wonder in fact whats the future of Rivers, I don't know details about his contract and when expires but in this poor generation of QB's he is going to make right there at the top money, at the same time, he's a good regular season QB that might make the divisional round but he doesn't seem to have the tools to give San Diego a real shot, he's a poor man's Peyton Manning and San Diego always crap in the bed. He will be 34 in the next season. A trade for a potential franchise QB might be at least attractive in fact.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back