PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Specter: Pats video practices dates to 2000, includes 2004 Steelers games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: What's all the fuss about taping since 2000?

Considering the Pats missed the playoffs twice, and lost in the playoffs twice, who's to say they actually gained an edge. No one, because they would be wrong.

Did that bufoon Specter in his press conference actually say that Goodell had a "rush to judgement" when he destroyed the tapes and notes. What a hypocrite ... Specter was the main player of the biggest rush to judgement of all time. He was a lawyer on the Warren Commission that investigated the Kennedy assassination. Specter was credited with coming up with the "Magic Bullet" theory. Read the book Rush to Judgement!

What a fraud ... this is about Comcast vs the NFL Network and Bob Kraft heads up the NFL's TV committee.

Re: What's all the fuss about taping since 2000?

yeah, and who's to say we even watched the tapes?

until they show me a tape of them watching the tapes this is all bs.

You're on the Patriots staff? You watched the tapes?:eek:
All kidding aside, there seems a lot of room for interpretation of this rule. I'd like to know when the NFL actually established a rule or bylaw about the videotaping of opponents, and what the limitations set on videotaping are, and what prompted the memo re-affirming the rule in 2006. I can imagine that taping of opponents' practice sessions and such has been ruled forbidden since forever. But I can imagine that you if you are allowed to tape during a game, you simply tape as much as you can. How far teams take that, depends on their interpretation of the rule. And apparently there are teams that don't even know how to use a video camera, or else they wouldn't be asking questions about it.

I can't see it any other way than that Belichick was punished with such a large fine because he admitted to video-taping since 2000. Whatever evidence the Patriots submitted must have covered probably more than just the period since 2006. So there are no new allegations, except for what Matt Walsh has rumored to have done.

And Mr Specter has an overblown opinion of security at NFL headquarters in NY. "Just lock it up". Sorry, unless they have a secret underground vault, the risk of someone "stumbling" onto the evidence, copying it, and letting those copies out, maybe making it onto some reporter's desk, is just too great. The NFL can have it own set of rules about what to do with this kind of evidence, once it has been thoroughly examined.

Quite frankly, the fact taping was going on since 2000 works in the Pats favor. I mean, if BB had a freaking camera guy on the sideline for 6-7 years, why is it that just now it's become an outrage?

You'd think if it was such an unsporting advantage and NE was the only team doing it, that surely someone between 2000-2005 would have said something.

Yet it only came to light a few times in 2006 when a few teams *****ed, then the memo went out, and then of course there was the Jets game.

But from 2000-2005 not a soul had a problem with a dude with a video camera standing in the open taping signals.

Exactly!

IN the press conference before the SUper Bowl, Goodell even said that in one of the tapes, the other team waved to the camera, knowing the Pats were taping.

If this is such a HUGE issue, why aren't the other teams making a big fuss about it? Or why is not coming up as an issue with the competition committee? Because the media is freaking ******ed and loves to blow up any little thing to knock down the big guy on top.

I wish this stupid issue will die.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back