PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Specter on Limbaugh show: "There was filming"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are right about fanetic. He is obviously one of the followers of the professional Pats haters like Easterbrook from ESPN who will alway be envious of the Pats. What he is saying that if we realize the error of our ways and fire Belichick and give up some more draft picks, maybe we will be loved again by the idiot fans like him. I say you don't know New England and you don't our fans.

I think you are right about fanetic. He is obviously one of the followers of the professional Pats haters like Easterbrook from ESPN who will alway be envious of the Pats. What he is saying that if we realize the error of our ways and fire Belichick and give up some more draft picks, maybe we will be loved again by the idiot fans like him. I say you don't know New England and you don't our fans.

I don't think that is the case because that is just plain stupid & ignorant. Fanetic doesn't seem stupid & ignorant to me.

If I am wrong in my characterization of Fanetic, how would you describe his posts?

If I am wrong in my characterization of Fanetic, how would you describe his posts?

One word bro....SARCASM;) I didn't feel like getting a warning for name calling, so I made my post sarcastic.

Last edited:
Just answer this simple question. If a month from now Goodell comes out with a statement as I outlined, are you going to not watch your favorite team on opening day? Are you going to not play fantasy football? Or not do anything that you normally would do with regards to football? If the anser is no then ask yourself why anyone else would.

Perhaps not, although I must admit it would cool my ardor for the sport and over time, who knows? But then again, as you may tell from my nom de guerre I am already hooked on the sport. Other younger folks may not be as likely to get interested if they think the outcome is unfair or there's cheating going on.

I can tell you that as a kid I used to spend hours religiously following my baseball team--reading the box score every day, spending hours on Sunday going over the week's stats, watching games, etc. The last 10-15 years or so I could absolutely care less about baseball--haven't watched it or spent more than a few nickels on it over that time period. In that sport's case, it's been the disparity of payrolls and results that that the disparity has caused that did it for me--there's no real level playing field competition in that sport. Apparently , I'm not alone in my views, as MLB's ratings have gone into the toilet over that period. Anyone else remember the days when there were network covered games on Saturday afternoons and Monday nights? Seems laughable now, doesn't it? Popularity for a sport, even as great a sport as the NFL, shouldn't be taken for granted--it needs to be worked for and maintained by the League. This still applies to the NFL as Goodell should remember.

As for the insults hurled at me since I last checked in, it's funny how someone who has a different view (i.e., not all pro Pats, all the time) here is just not tolerated. I've been to many team's boards, but never seen anything quite like it I'm glad to say. I come here and similar sites because I enjoy talking football with fans from other teams, no more, no less. Impart a little knowledge, gain a little myself as well. I'm not calling anyone names or acting like an [deleted], but get abuse nonetheless. I actually laughed at the one(s) on my intellect. I've actually got an honors graduate degree from a well-known institution that starts with an H in your neck of the woods (I suspect you've heard of it) that might want to take that back apparently from reading some of the posts here. Without calling anyone names, I'll just say that I'll stake my credentials against those posters' any day of the week...

I've actually got an honors graduate degree from a well-known institution that starts with an H in your neck of the woods (I suspect you've heard of it)

You mean that community college down the street from MIT that has finals after Christmas? :D

Seriously, though, congrats.

Last edited:
You mean that inferior school down the street from MIT, the one that has finals after Christmas? :D

....and what a stupid tradition that is--talk about a way to ruin a guy's holidays. Fortunately, that was only first year for me. Not a fun way to spend Christmas by any stretch--I wouldn't wish that on anyone ('cept maybe some of the fans here who've been giving me the business for speaking my mind :))

Perhaps not, although I must admit it would cool my ardor for the sport and over time, who knows? But then again, as you may tell from my nom de guerre I am already hooked on the sport. Other younger folks may not be as likely to get interested if they think the outcome is unfair or there's cheating going on.

I can tell you that as a kid I used to spend hours religiously following my baseball team--reading the box score every day, spending hours on Sunday going over the week's stats, watching games, etc. The last 10-15 years or so I could absolutely care less about baseball--haven't watched it or spent more than a few nickels on it over that time period. In that sport's case, it's been the disparity of payrolls and results that that the disparity has caused that did it for me--there's no real level playing field competition in that sport. Apparently , I'm not alone in my views, as MLB's ratings have gone into the toilet over that period. Anyone else remember the days when there were network covered games on Saturday afternoons and Monday nights? Seems laughable now, doesn't it? Popularity for a sport, even as great a sport as the NFL, shouldn't be taken for granted--it needs to be worked for and maintained by the League. This still applies to the NFL as Goodell should remember.

I don't know about the baseball comparison. Depends on where you live. Around here baseball is every bit as popular as football, if not more. In other places it might not be as popular but that is typically a function of their teams success. For years the Detroit baseball market was down and then they start spending money and...suprise, suprise...they start filling the ballpark again. It typically has to do with whether a fan's given team is winning or not as to where there is a strong interest or not.

If it was more about the true integrity of the competition, as you seem to claim, then you would also be seeing a stronger backlash against the steroids, free agent tampering and salary cap violations in football as well. That hasn't happened and I doubt will happen as long as NFL remains a league of parity as it seems to have. Afterall, how much can a fan complain about level playing fields when a wild card team just beat an undefeated team in the superbowl? The complaint rings hollow.

As for the insults hurled at me since I last checked in, it's funny how someone who has a different view (i.e., not all pro Pats, all the time) here is just not tolerated. I've been to many team's boards, but never seen anything quite like it I'm glad to say. I come here and similar sites because I enjoy talking football with fans from other teams, no more, no less. Impart a little knowledge, gain a little myself as well. I'm not calling anyone names or acting like an [deleted], but get abuse nonetheless. I actually laughed at the one(s) on my intellect. I've actually got an honors graduate degree from a well-known institution that starts with an H in your neck of the woods (I suspect you've heard of it) that might want to take that back apparently from reading some of the posts here. Without calling anyone names, I'll just say that I'll stake my credentials against those posters' any day of the week...

I think you also have to understand the constant barage of insults, venom and hate that has been spewed in this board's direction for over a year now. It even predates spygate and goes back to when opposing fans rubbed the Indy championship in our faces, as if it was let down to not win it every year. So before you judge this board's oversensitivty, please make sure you understand how much more trolling we have had to put up with over recent years. I'm sure to many here, its just become a reflex to lash out.

Reign
Pardon my density. I get your drift now.

I actually laughed at the one(s) on my intellect. I've actually got an honors graduate degree from a well-known institution that starts with an H in your neck of the woods (I suspect you've heard of it) that might want to take that back apparently from reading some of the posts here. Without calling anyone names, I'll just say that I'll stake my credentials against those posters' any day of the week...

I can not believe this guy felt compelled to share his glorious purchased education with this site. Talk about insecure buddy! No one here has "credentials"...including you. All we have is opinions and yours is of no higher quality than anyone else's.

No matter where one is educated or not educated, we're all just another "bozo on the bus". And FootballFanetic is a frequent rider.

And even after that wonderful education from that school that starts with an "H", you still wrote 2 consecutive sentences that started with "I ACTUALLY....blah, blah"

Did you really "ACTUALLY" go to "H"?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

if espngate has you down on football, you must really be dissapointed with all those yankees taking steroids and tainting their ws victories. now that's really cheating. not 8 mins. of the jets def. signals that no one ever got to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes