PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Specter on Limbaugh show: "There was filming"

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Kraft pulled the plug on Belichick, I think you'd see a lot of the fans pulling the plug on Kraft. I think that Kraft knows this, too.

I have been keeping my fingers crossed that nothing happens

until after the draft. Otherwise, I can forsee the loss of the #7

pick (or worse) plus the indefinite suspension of Bill Belichick. At

that point Kraft might pull the plug on Belichick.

The emergence of any sort of tape which the NFL feels is worse then what we have already been punished for could very well result in a Belichick suspension, however as far as taking a way the 7th overall pick, it would be a violation of NFL Rules to remove a pick which you have acquired through trade. So no worry there, doubt that by trying to enforce the rules they will turn around and break their own rule.

...At

that point Kraft might pull the plug on Belichick.[/QUOTE

Don't think that will happen..he would have done it by now.

That's a very good point! If Belichick had admitted to Kraft that he authorized a Walkthrough Tape, Kraft would have had no choice but to fire him (Kraft couldn't take a chance on having iit come out later that he had known about it but did nothing). So, it's reasonable to assume that BB has assured Kraft that no such tape exists (it would be negligent for Kraft not to have asked him and, besides, no one would believe that he didn't).

To my knowledge, neither Belichick nor the Patriots have lied to us throughout Spygate. I take Belichick at his word that he had originally misinterpreted the rule, even though I feel that he was reckless to continue taping at the beginning of last season. I also take what the Commissioner reports that Belichick has told his office about the extent of the taping as being the truth and, therefore, I believe that there was no taping during the SB in 2002.

If it turns out that Belichick lied to him (and, by extension, to all of us), Kraft would have no choice but to fire him. At that point, Kraft would have shifted into survival mode and would be trying to salvage what was left of the franchise's reputation while minimizing the hit to the economic value of the team. If it ever came to that (and I doubt that it will), a lot of people who have vocally supported the Patriots throughout this ordeal would not only turn on Belichick but also have to be won back by the organization.

Last edited:
Keep the faith faithful fans of New England.

Our day will come........revenge against the haters of Kraft & Belichick reflected by the things said and done against this organization led by Spector (with his book, Comcast & rooting interest of the Eagles by his side), Walsh (a man of zero character, fired for total insubordination, grasping for his chance to cash in), Judas Tomase (with his job at stake), ESPN (with NFL Network's competition worrying them), and so many others, will be very sweet indeed.

I have no doubt in my mind that all they were ever guilty of over there was filming signals from an improper location (remember, it is legal to film signals).

I have not seen any proof that anything else went on - I sure as hell am not going to believe a fired liar named Walsh.

Of course, specter has to say something like that so that Pats haters will buy his book to read 1 page about 'psygate' incident.

Walsh's lawyer doesn't have to share anything to specter but the fact that he does tells me 'something' wrong here. If his client has the proofs, why does he need Specter's support in the first place.? Should Specter not stay out of this 'investigation' so that the process can be fair.?

It is a mystery to me because Specter didn't try to 'break' a deal between comcast and NFL when comcast gave him $$$$$$$$$.

Why does he try to do something like this when he is not going to get anything.?

Last edited:
Is Goodell slowing down the Walsh (remember Goodell did not respond to Specter November's 2007 letter until the week of Super Bowl) inquiry so it blows up again until when the NFL is again media relevant in the off-season: on Draft weekend in late April?

In most commercial US case law, the statute of limitations is 7 years. If Walsh has video evidence that Pats orchestrated SB 36 walkthrough or similar actions, it would be reviewed into the 7th year of the alleged activity. Even though the NFL does not subject itself internally to a statute of limitations, it would seem far-fetched to believe Goodell would suspend Belichick in 2008, for a 2002 incident, on Tagliabue's watch, if Belichick already informed Goodell that he videotaped in prior years. It would seem likely that a fine, and not a loss of draft picks would be employed, if the actions were deemed to be a violation.

Last edited:
Is Goodell slowing down the Walsh (remember Goodell did not respond to Specter November's 2007 letter until the week of Super Bowl) inquiry so it blows up again until when the NFL is again media relevant in the off-season: on Draft weekend in late April?

In most commercial US case law, the statute of limitations is 7 years. If Walsh has video evidence that Pats orchestrated SB 36 walkthrough or similar actions, it would be reviewed into the 7th year of the alleged activity. Even though the NFL does not subject itself internally to a statute of limitations, it would seem far-fetched to believe Goodell would suspend Belichick in 2008, for a 2002 incident, on Tagliabue's watch, if Belichick already informed Goodell that he videotaped in prior years. It would seem likely that a fine, and not a loss of draft picks would be employed, if the actions were deemed to be a violation.

i'll take your word on the legalities. however, if it turns out that it can be proven that the SB Walkthrough was taped by someone in the Patriots organization, they won't matter. it also won't matter if Belichick tries to argue that the taping was "unauthorized." no one, outside of this board and other fans in New England will believe him, and even that will be an act of faith for many. draft picks? fines? heck, they'll want the Lombardi back.

i'll take your word on the legalities. however, if it turns out that it can be proven that the SB Walkthrough was taped by someone in the Patriots organization, they won't matter. it also won't matter if Belichick tries to argue that the taping was "unauthorized." no one, outside of this board and other fans in New England will believe him, and even that will be an act of faith for many. draft picks? fines? heck, they'll want the Lombardi back.
I think it WILL matter...given that Walsh has been accused of taping unauthorized before...I think they will have to come up with MORE than a tape..but a link..otherwise..Goodell will want that?? I think he will stop short UNTIL there is REAL evidence..WITH a link..besides Walsh's lies....Mr BadL may find his behind way out the door...because I do NOT think the Patriots will take that sitting down..

The whole thing makes no sense. If Walsh produces a tape with the walkthrough, the obvious question is what is he doing with it? If it was an authorized taping by Belichick then why wouldn't Belichick have it? It isn't the type of thing that you forget to ask the camerman for or decide to just throw in the film room after you're done with it. Walsh was still a low level employee that wouldn't have been involved with it much after the actual filming. As such, it makes no sense that he would have access to the tape after the fact. Unless a) he did it without the Patriots knowledge b) it wasn't a tape made by any associated with the Patriots.

The whole thing makes no sense. If Walsh produces a tape with the walkthrough, the obvious question is what is he doing with it? If it was an authorized taping by Belichick then why wouldn't Belichick have it? It isn't the type of thing that you forget to ask the camerman for or decide to just throw in the film room after you're done with it. Walsh was still a low level employee that wouldn't have been involved with it much after the actual filming. As such, it makes no sense that he would have access to the tape after the fact. Unless a) he did it without the Patriots knowledge b) it wasn't a tape made by any associated with the Patriots.

That's our perspective and I certainly share it. However, most of America is inclined to believe the unstated "option c)": Belichick and the Patriots are lying and are just hoping that Walsh doesn't have proof. Keep the Faith!

On the day he was fired he may have gone to video storage and

helped himself to a couple of tapes.

On the day he was fired he may have gone to video storage and helped himself to a couple of tapes.

The odds of this are somewhere between slim and none, and slim's about to board the first flight for Fiji.

Seriously, this would require that:
(A) The Pats are covering up the fact that tapes are missing,
(B) The Pats apparently don't know what are on the tapes that Walsh stole,
(C) The Pats lied to Goodell about the extent of their taping activities, despite the fact that they were warned that such lying would result in even more severe penalties, and
(D) The Pats--despite not knowing what's on those tapes--are stupid enough to poke the bear (by saying, "We don't have a confidentiality agreement with Walsh").

On the day he was fired he may have gone to video storage and helped himself to a couple of tapes.
When he was fired, he would not have been roaming around the bowels of Gillette Stadium unsupervised to just take stuff.

Isn't that stealing??? And again..there has to be some LINK between the tape and the Pats..since there have been accustaions about unauthorized taping BY HIM...there has to be more.

Peter King's column a few weeks back had a letter from a fellow football/sports team video guy that seemed to back the idea that Walsh would indeed likely have copies of a lot of things he filmed, so that apparently is not so surprising that he might have the tape (if it exists). In addition to that rationale for him having a copy of the tape, again, assuming it exists, he obviously knew it was wrong and had just been fired so may have made a copy himself "for a rainy day" as well as he was leaving. I agree with the poster way above that if Walsh produces such a tape, the Pats are in a world of hurt, no matter how they may try to play/spin this as Walsh being a "lone gunman". That's a fact. Anything else here is wishful thinking on the part of Patriot fans.....

So after a clandestine filming of the Rams walk though they decide to just throw the tape in the tape room? Seriously?

Peter King's column a few weeks back had a letter from a fellow football/sports team video guy that seemed to back the idea that Walsh would indeed likely have copies of a lot of things he filmed, so that apparently is not so surprising that he might have the tape (if it exists). In addition to that rationale for him having a copy of the tape, again, assuming it exists, he obviously knew it was wrong and had just been fired so may have made a copy himself "for a rainy day" as well as he was leaving. I agree with the poster way above that if Walsh produces such a tape, the Pats are in a world of hurt, no matter how they may try to play/spin this as Walsh being a "lone gunman". That's a fact. Anything else here is wishful thinking on the part of Patriot fans.....

I guess it depends on what you mean by a world of hurt. From the public perception stand point, yes I can see that they will be guilty in the eyes of most. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that I would expect the league offices to fine them. Walsh produces the tape. Belichick denies it and gives various reasons as to why it wasn't under their authorization or knowledge. Goodell would then need to make a determination based on the facts presented. Given what we have already heard from the Patriots camp, there is a lot of evidence that Walsh could have done this without their knowledge. I don't think Walsh produces tape = Belichick suspension or worse by any means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes