PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Specter on Limbaugh show: "There was filming"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real bombshell from this interview that no one mentions: The NFL is trying to dissuade Walsh from coming forward, and Specter has seen letters from the NFL saying so.

If this is true, it's horrible for the league and makes Roger Goodell look like a hypocrite. That's what Specter was talking about when he said "light a fire" under this thing. He's giving the impression the NFL has something to hide... basically saying that publicly, the NFL has been throwing the Patriots under the bus, while privately trying to sweep it under the rug.

The government and Specter are not going after the Patriots. Big picture... they are giving the NFL the Microsoft treatment, the same treatment they give every billion dollar corporation.

But remember that according to the Pats, there is no confidentiality agreement that would keep him from talking. . . .

That's what it would mean if he was a man of integrity & honor...:rolleyes:

Not to mention the ethical implications of an attorney sharing confidential communications.............

The real bombshell from this interview that no one mentions: The NFL is trying to dissuade Walsh from coming forward, and Specter has seen letters from the NFL saying so.

If this is true, it's horrible for the league and makes Roger Goodell look like a hypocrite. That's what Specter was talking about when he said "light a fire" under this thing. He's giving the impression the NFL has something to hide... basically saying that publicly, the NFL has been throwing the Patriots under the bus, while privately trying to sweep it under the rug.

The government and Specter are not going after the Patriots. Big picture... they are giving the NFL the Microsoft treatment, the same treatment they give every billion dollar corporation.

Specter has been claiming for weeks that the NFL has been trying to disuade Walsh from coming forward. How exactly is that a bombshell? I am sure that it is Specter's opinion more than fact because the league is probably not giving Walsh blanket indemity for whatever he says which is what Walsh, Levy, and Specter wants, but isn't neccessarily in the best interest in getting to the truth.

As for Specter seeing the correspondence, I figured he already saw them too. So that wasn't as much of a bombshell, but further evidence that Specter is behind Levy representing Walsh which if discovered is a bombshell in itself.

Specter is biased in all of this. I would not take his interpretation of anything as facts. He has barely even tried to hide his agenda in all of this and has twisted everything Goodell has said on this matter publically to fit his agenda. Why would his interpretation of the correspondence between Levy and the NFl be any different? Specter doesn't want to find the truth, he wants to nail the Patriots and the league to help Comcast and get the results of the Patriots/Eagles Super Bowl overturned.

But remember that according to the Pats, there is no confidentiality agreement that would keep him from talking. . . .

The most under reported story in all of this. And something Specter has never addressed because it doesn't help his agenda.

Seriously, how is this guy allowed to spout off this nonsense when there is no evidence, as of right now, that the Pats did anything wrong?? How is he allowed to say he's seen confidential attorney-client privileged information without anyone in the media calling him on it??? It truly is amazing to me. I so want the Pats to go on the offensive in a MAJOR way. :mad::mad:

Seriously, how is this guy allowed to spout off this nonsense when there is no evidence, as of right now, that the Pats did anything wrong?? How is he allowed to say he's seen confidential attorney-client privileged information without anyone in the media calling him on it??? It truly is amazing to me. I so want the Pats to go on the offensive in a MAJOR way. :mad::mad:
I'm no lawyer, but I don't think attorney-client privilege means that the client or attorney can't reveal the thing in question to someone, it means he can't be compelled to in court. Having said that, I think Specter is a douchebag.

I think it amazing that Spector was given information that is confidential and THEN manages to say what that is...I think the NFL has a beef with that..and I hope they put the screws to Spector...

The most under reported story in all of this. And something Specter has never addressed because it doesn't help his agenda.

I don't think the lack of a confidentiality agreement prevents the Patriots from potentially suing Walsh's ***** off when he comes forward making unsubstantiated allegations - i.e. slander and libel.

Walsh, Walsh's Comcast lawyers, and Comcast's Senator, Specter, want to allow Walsh to slander the Patriots and the NFL without fear of any legal retribution.

The NFL, along with the Patriots, seem less than inclined to allow that to happen for some reason, and aren't willing to sign a paper giving Walsh the green light to legally slander them.

Go figure.

Speztor , was on local radio here this week , promoting his stupid book.. He needs to sell books, that is why he has been doin this crap.. If Speztor , Walsh, or his lawyer , talk again it would be too soon for me..

If Walsh had a tape there would be no need for any conversations of any kind with the NFL. All he had to do was release the tape. Neither the NFL nor the Patriots would have been able to touch him.

This is false. If Walsh has a tape and releases it its distribution of stolen property. One of the things that people forget is that IF Walsh has a tape, he stole it because he'd have had to return any property of the Patriots in his possession when he was fired. If he doesn't, then he's guilty of theft and the Patriots can press charges.

Don't worry about that crime. Its the illegal taping of conversations with Pioli that will get him accomodations in Walpole.

Kraft just needs to hire a hitman to off this Walsh guy. Perhaps Anton Chigurgh?

I guess this is as much of a bombshell as when he was interviewed on ESPN the morning of the Superbowl and stated as fact that Walsh said he had taped the walkthrough. Or, or, he is a senile old man who can't get his "facts" straight.

This is false. If Walsh has a tape and releases it its distribution of stolen property. One of the things that people forget is that IF Walsh has a tape, he stole it because he'd have had to return any property of the Patriots in his possession when he was fired. If he doesn't, then he's guilty of theft and the Patriots can press charges.

We have to face reality here. IF (note emphasis) Walsh has a tape of the walkthrough, it won't matter if he tossed ten senior citizens under a bus, mowed down the entire Patriots front office with an AK47 and defiled every virgin in Foxboro. If he has that tape, the Patriots can press all the charges they want, we are still toast and the guy will spend his prison time (if sentencing guidelines even suggest a prison sentence for a first time offender who lifts a few items of his employer's property on the way out the door), writing a book that will sell big time in every market but Boston.

Let's get him into a deposition and see what he's got. The sooner we find out, the sooner this will all, hopefully, just go away!

Spector clearly states that the tape exists in this interview. If the tape does not exist, can the Patriots sue him for slander? I am sure the NFL has some decent attorneys who wouldn't mind taking a run at the old coot.

Or does being a senator prevent you from being sued?

Last edited:
Speztor , was on local radio here this week , promoting his stupid book.. He needs to sell books, that is why he has been doin this crap..

Could be his real agenda here or part of it. I'm driving home from VA yesterday listening to fox talk radio on sirius..some guy and the Judge or something like that. I wasn't sure if it was live or from earlier in the week . Anyway they announce that the Honorable Senator Specter will be on to talk about his book and I'm thinking to myself..ok..wonder if they will bring up spygate.

Well..the honorable senator comes on and it's like a love fest..senator has cancer.."kiss kiss $ss"..never give up "kiss kiss ass"..oh senator "kiss kiss" you're such an inspiration to us all "kiss kiss"...what do you think about presidental race; etc.. This goes on for about 3 minutes and then they ask him about the nfl and spygate and he goes into his bull### bascially says the same as Rush show. This goes on for about 10 minutes and I'm thinking "wait a minute"!! is the story his book or is the story spygate?? No one is interested in his book..I would have switched stations right off had I not wanted to see if they were going to ask about spygate.

He goes on taping going on since 2000 (yeah..already been admitted to) and the radio guys are sheesh!!! what's being done about this'?? NFL discouraging Walsh from coming forward...there was filiming going on...thinks they taped the eagles..have seen letters, etc., etc., american people have a right to know if the patriots cheated. What about the american people's right to know what is in those letters and who is paying for walsh's fees? What was being lost in translation through this crapola was that the pats were fined 3/4 of $mil and a 1st round draft choice. It was never mentioned that the pats admitted to the taping. It all came across like some big watergate coverup...questions the integrity of the game and potentially bad influence on our american youth. Why isn't anyone challenging this guy???

I have been keeping my fingers crossed that nothing happens

until after the draft. Otherwise, I can forsee the loss of the #7

pick (or worse) plus the indefinite suspension of Bill Belichick. At

that point Kraft might pull the plug on Belichick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back