Welcome to PatsFans.com

Specter on Limbaugh show: "There was filming"

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by BadMoFo, Mar 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadMoFo

BadMoFo Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Moderator's note: No political-oriented talk (I'm referring mainly to Limbaugh) will be tolerated in this thread. Take it to the political forum.

Specter on Rush Limbaugh show. He sounds pretty confident that there was filming in SB 36. Besides that, the guy seems like he's tough as nails and won't give up until Matty Walsh speaks.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

2. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

Re: Spectermania

There was filming. I saw it. I have it.

Anyone that wants film of the 2002 Super Bowl, let me know.
  3. NePatriots

NePatriots PatsFans.com Draftnik PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How can this discussion not get political?
  4. flasox27

flasox27 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -4

#54 Jersey

Just another powerless blowhard. If Spector wants Walsh to testify, Spector just needs to tell Walsh's attorney to take the NFL deal. Its obvious that Spector is paying for him.
  5. RussFrancis

RussFrancis Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's really irritating to no end to think that this Senator is using the most popular team in the most popular sports/entertainment league in the country to push the sales of a book. Its just an ugly, suspicious and almost disgraceful twist of reasoning behind this entire topic, and its almost alarming that the book and Specter's involvement with Comcast, considering their disputes with the NFL and its broadcasting network, rarely ever even get mentioned. HIDEOUS.
  6. Mr.Muhozi

Mr.Muhozi Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

eerrrrggghhh this **** still going on
  7. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +925 / 5 / -4

Funny, the guy talks more and more about this the more he is hyping his stupid book. I'm sorry, but even if I didn't hate the guy there would be no way I would buy his book.

Besides, he didn't say there was evidence that there was taping. That could just be Walsh's story that he told Specter with no evidence to back it up.

This does raise questions of Specter's and Levy's relationship since Levy is showing Specter communications between them and the NFL. That isn't illegal, but you gotta wonder if Specter is funding Levy either directly or indirectly (through Comcast).
  8. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

the government should shut the **** up about it, they have more important things to do. this is what our elected people are doing. another reason not to vote. if there was any illegal taping, where is the proof? Walsh is prob full of ****
  9. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 2 / -1

#12 Jersey

That last part is the thing that bothers me the most. But of course NO ONE in our illustrious media will ever actually do any research about it. :rolleyes:
  10. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

media is as bad as the government
  11. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

I don't care about the Specter political comments, but I just don't want it to get into a fight over Limbaugh and his history.
  12. kolbitr

kolbitr Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Well of course no politician has ever misspoke, tweaked the truth, spoke out of his ass, or outright lied for purposes of self-promotion.

Florio is wrong to even consider whether this a bombshell: it is not, nor was it meant to be. Specter does not know anything for sure yet about anything--wasn't he just complaining recently that he wished he could speak to Walsh? He is blowing smoke on a promotional tour, just like he has done on Jon Stewart and Howard Stern...he is a shameless political whore, and always has been. And here is doing the sideshow rounds to promote his useless memoirs.

It is also clear from his comments that his target is the NFL and its "preferred status". The Patriots are merely, as expected, foils for his own special interests, which are certainly not the Eagles.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  13. lorijean

lorijean Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I believe if there was a tape we would have seen it by now. If Walsh had a tape he would have released it right before the Superbowl. With all the media hysteria he could have made a fortune and done even more damage to the Pats. But so far...no tape. Walsh has nothing.
  14. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +925 / 5 / -4

Personally, I am beginning to feel that Walsh has nothing and Specter knows it. This is why he is on this campaign to say that the Pats and the NFL don't want Walsh to talk (well and to shill his book). My guess is that if all Walsh has is his word that he filmed the walkthrough, Specter will position him as an unimpeachable witness because why would the NFL and Pats try to stop him from talking if they didn't think he have evidence. By making it seem like the Pats and NFL have something to hide with Walsh, it will make it easier for him to hold Walsh up as the NFL version of Deep Throat even if all he has is fanciful stories without a shread of evidence.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  15. kolbitr

kolbitr Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

While I can't say with such certainty that there is no tape, I believe that Lorijean is right. Given Levy's previous remarks in this case, and his own very focused interest in past cases, on the importance of gaining indemnity for incorrect remarks (falsehoods) made in good faith. In other words, Levy is among a group of lawyers working in the field of white-collar crime who have pushed for the broadening of interpretation regarding incorrect statements made under oath--he believes that unless it can be proved that such statements were made in "bad faith", then the speaker cannot be held responsible for making incorrect, even deeply damaging, statements. I do not believe that he would be pushing so hard for this--or that he would even have ended up on this case--if Walsh had something as definitive as a tape. It would seem hardly necessary.

I suppose an alternative would be that Walsh has a tape and wants to claim that he was ordered to make one, in the face of denials from NE. I suppose this is possible, but it seems as if in such a case, no one would believe NE, and the damage would be done...other thoughts?
  16. tdw777

tdw777 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If walsh has film of the 2002 super bowl then how would the pats have used it during the game?? Is spector using that as proof that they could have done the same for the philly super bowl?? And who's paying for walsh's legal fees??
  17. lorijean

lorijean Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

If Walsh had a tape there would be no need for any conversations of any kind with the NFL. All he had to do was release the tape. Neither the NFL nor the Patriots would have been able to touch him.
  18. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +174 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Specter talked a lot and really said nothing. Anyone surprised?

PS. I agree with Pats1. You can discuss this without getting political. What Specter is doing has nothing to do with politics except the abuse of political power by another phony politician. And there are plenty of those on both sides.
  19. tdw777

tdw777 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Nah..they wouldn't do that. i wish the NFL would just tell the senator to take a flying hike. If he has new information then bring it on..otherwise get on with the business of the country.
  20. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +71 / 2 / -0

Maybe this new news cycle will be a good reason for Florio to reveal that Walsh's lawyer has ties to Comcast via his previous lawfirm - and those lawfirms have spent about $1 million in campaign contributions in just the last few election cycles alone.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=79707
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.