PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Special Teams Top Guns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some might say that one of the reasons that we have brought in a half dozen new special teamers is that the coaches (O'Brian, Dante, and Belichick) weren't pleased with our 2008 special teams play (or our 2007 play).

I would certainly be looking over my shoulder if I were a special teamer. Aiken seems safe, He is one of the league's best and he has been named special teams captain. IMHO, all the others are in trouble: Slater, Ventrone, Alexander. Spann is already gone.

We have added two top special teamers in Ciuciu and Jones. We have added a reasonable special teamers in Lewis, Banta-Cain and McGowan. We have also drafted Chung and Butler who should help on special teams.

Ventrone was there in every game making a tackle.

How many Special Teamers have gone this year?

Kelley Washington. Larry Izzo.

Aiken, Ventrone and Slater all looked better as gunners for me.

Ventrone's tackle in the Superbowl was awesome.

Slater was first down there every time as he went down the field the same side as Ventrone and he flew through the gap that was the double team on Bubba and most of the time got the hit on the KR whether he knocked them down or not, he got the early hit to slow the returner down.

Those 3 are key to our Kick-off team. Slater also has been playing more as a Safety in camp this year, Aiken is a capable 5th WR. Bubba is a Special teams ace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back