PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Special Teams Shaping Up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"One of the knocks on Demps is ball security, as he fumbled 11 times in 424 touches at Florida. But when he's held on to the ball, the results have been dynamic."

In 2000, Kevin Faulk fumbled the ball six times, and he seems to have done OK.

You are wrong in believing that Belichick doesn't value a habit of demonstrated ball security in running backs.

In 2000, Kevin Faulk fumbled the ball six times, and he seems to have done OK.

You are wrong in believing that Belichick doesn't value a habit of demonstrated ball security in running backs.

I didn't say that. I'm simply saying that a couple of fumbles is not an automatic ticket out of town, either.

I didn't say that. I'm simply saying that a couple of fumbles is not an automatic ticket out of town, either.

I think that's a good point. I honestly think that one of the biggest positive character traits that Belichick likes to see is that of progression.

In other words, can you learn from your mistakes and continue to show improvement? If so, then that's one thing.

Making the same repeated mistakes though will quickly earn you a ticket out of town.

I really have a feeling that he is pretty fair when it comes to making mistakes, although it's only a hunch.

In the case of Ridley last year, I think that maybe there was an issue in practice and/or Ridley showed some negative trait of repeating the same mistake which caused him to be benched.

I didn't say that.

I'm simply saying that a couple of fumbles is not an automatic ticket out of town, either.

Believe me, Brother: Your point was very clear. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back