PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Special Teams Gave Up 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Two punt returns for touchdowns made all the difference in the score of this game. Even with all the issues at OL, the problems in not stopping Westbrook (no one does), it was the special teams coverage that really made the difference.

OFFENSE
Cassell looked much better, but not as good as Gutierrez. Only Belichick knows whether he'll cut them both and sign a veteran. Chad Jackson and Ventrone made their positive statements.

DEFENSE
There was no extra information for me on the issue of backup linebackers and corners.

RETURN GAME
Slater is looking better and better, and he plays defense.

COVERAGE TEAMS
Seeley needs to figure out what's wrong. Hanson and Washington were fine. I can't say much for the rest.

COVERAGE TEAMS
Seeley needs to figure out what's wrong. Hanson and Washington were fine. I can't say much for the rest.

Seely has been trying to do that for a few years now ... we were way better on ST's under Scarnechia ... that much is clear. The ST's rank decent as a whole but that is because the offensive side of that is better than the defensive side which has been horrible.

DEFENSE
There was no extra information for me on the issue of backup linebackers and corners.

For those that watched the game, did the defense look like it had a 'scheme' or did it look pretty much vanilla in its effort?

Two punt returns for touchdowns made all the difference in the score of this game. Even with all the issues at OL, the problems in not stopping Westbrook (no one does), it was the special teams coverage that really made the difference.

OFFENSE
Cassell looked much better, but not as good as Gutierrez. Only Belichick knows whether he'll cut them both and sign a veteran. Chad Jackson and Ventrone made their positive statements.

DEFENSE

RETURN GAME
Slater is looking better and better, and he plays defense.

COVERAGE TEAMS
Spot on...The starting D was also on the field a long time..and ANY D gets worn down with 20 min of playing time..the looked better...the coberage teams were awful...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes