PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Special Teamers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayjackson

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
When deciding who the Pats should pick in round three onwards, it would be sweet if one had a handle on said player's special teams experience and reputation.

So can we collect a list of players on this thread who are known to be good special teamers, on top of being position prospects that the Pats my be interested in?

When deciding who the Pats should pick in round three onwards, it would be sweet if one had a handle on said player's special teams experience and reputation.

So can we collect a list of players on this thread who are known to be good special teamers, on top of being position prospects that the Pats my be interested in?

Guys I have noticed are listed below, they could start on the practice squad and be emergency depth.

Name: Craig Dahl
College: North Dakota State Number: 20
Height: 6-2 Weight: 216
Position: SS Pos2: OLB
"Dahl is considered by some to be among the top special teams prospects in this draft, which will likely be his ticket to an NFL roster."

Name: Jason Snelling
College: Virginia Number: 38
Height: 5-11 Weight: 230
Position: RB Pos2: FB

He could also be a potential short yardage runner.

"Explosive contact seeker who plays with good aggression...Quick to get down, break up the wedge, wrap and secure as a tackler on the kickoff coverage unit. He also has the vision and feel to get down the field to down punts near the goal line."

Some guy on the NFLN thought WR Yamon Figurs's name was "Yamon Figurs, the best gunner in college football". I must have heard that phrase 6-8 times, although don't ask me how they quantify that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back