PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Special master rules in favor of Sauerbrun/NFLPA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say shenanigans from shanahan...and say it ten times fast

didnt think we would need him this year anyway.he served his purpose .throw him back! josh can do the job. we are talkin punters here. we won a superbowl with the worst punter in the league.if worse comes to worse let TROY punt the ball.

go troy:rocker: :rocker:

Besides, does this team even need a punter? :D

The guy is 34, only has a couple of years left in his career, and had this to say when the Broncos made the offer:

"My heart is in Denver, and it always will be. I felt so at home when I was in Denver. I love everything about that place. I love playing for Mike Shanahan, I love (new special-teams coach) Scott O'Brien. I want to retire as a Bronco."

I understand that this is a competitive league and everybody is out to cut a few throats, but in this case, I say let him go to wherever he wants to retire.

I'm thrilled about this. Not only does Shanny get to have the last laugh, we're no longer stuck with a ****ty punter. He forces fumbles, how many punters do that?

This was a hilarious little ***** fight while it lasted.

EAT IT BELICHICK!

(um, yeah, I'm done now. Sorry.)

This is perfect fodder for some David Letterman countdown.

You know your team isn't a contender for the Super Bowl if:

10. Your biggest outburst comes not from the addition of a meaningful piece to your own team, but the subtraction of... a punter, from another team.

9. You consider getting that punter "having the last laugh" on another team that you don't even face in the upcoming season.

8. Your coach is referred to as "Shanny," or any other feminine sounding name.

7. You think losing a Punter who wasn't even guaranteed a spot on the roster is making Bill Belichick, winner of three Super Bowls in this decade, "Eat it."

6. You're on an internet message board to gloat about the team losing the rights to a punter.

5. That internet message board isn't even your own team's.

4. You believe that this represents some great loss to the team, when statistics prove otherwise.

3. Your team hasn't won a Super Bowl since John Elway was in town, yet you think you're superior to the only Dynasty the NFL has seen in recent history.

2. Resigned to the fact that the Chargers are going to blow you off the field (again), and aware of the fact that the Patriots have improved their team to the point where you can only hope to "hang in there" should they meet, you zero in on the most minuscule events, and treat them as if Tom Brady retired to become a monk.

And the number one way to know that your team isn't going to contend for a Super Bowl in the upcoming season.

1. A situation involving a punter causes you to make Raider fans seem knowledgeable, and civil.

Good luck with your "punting competition" this year. It will be one of the only competitive portions of the season, unless losing the Wild Card counts for anything.

It's funny how all the sudden you guys have a "better fit for the team" :)

Dude, you do not know what you are talking about here. Miller is not 'all of a sudden' a better fit; he has been a knowedgeable fan favorite and terrific weekly radio interview for the past few seasons. He is an engaging and intelligent player who also has the skills. Sauerbrun was a stopgap, but nevertheless a useful chess piece--with some considerable skills as well. We lost this round, but if Miller is healthy, he is the guy that most of us wanted back. His only drawback is his age--and any lingering concerns over his shoulder, which might be on the minds of the coaching staff as well.

The only reason we wanted to keep Sauerbrun was insurance for Miller and whether he could return. If Miller is healthy, it is no big loss because Sauerbrun would have never made it out of camp anyway.

Trust p1
to cue his boardies
6 1/2 minutes before Reiss posts his scoop.

But i'd like to know why the special master found that part of a contract
should not be part of the contract.

Great Countdown post Caspir!

After his clutch booming kicks in the playoffs, I'd appeal this ruling in MN.

Cousin,
Here's the other option. Sauerbrun and his agent might have won the battle, but they lost the war. I see a personal law suit by the Pats for breech of contract, NOT under the protection of the NFLPA. This win might cost those boys a lot of coin!
Seems the Pats protected themselves in their contract reasonably well. A NFLPA technicality, voided the deal. Whoever laughs last, laughs longest, right "He Ban Me?
Poor Todd, he probably played last year for $0 and he doesn't know it.
The NFLPA has not jurisdiction in federal court.
Why do I have the feeling that after not cutting Miller and giving him his substantial roster bonus, Todd is being toyed with. More than likely a draft choice was the reason.
DW Toys

I think this is actually pretty interesting, but then I dig legal !@@! like this.

The issue is that the Patriots were supposed to put the first-right-of-refusal provision on a separate page, presumably so that the player would pay more attention to it and it could not be hidden in the contract.

However, here, the Patriots put it in with the rest of the contract provisions.

Why did they do that? Were they trying to pull one over on Sauerbrun? Did it work?

Or was it just a goof? Seems hard to believe that a guy as thorough as Pioli would make such a mistake.

Anyway, I guess when it all comes down to it, he's just a god!@@! punter.

Last edited:
I think I can hear the name Dan Sepulveda being called next Sunday.

let that whiny crybaby A--Hole go - Hes a freakin punter for heaven's sake...Hope he sucks in mile high this time around

I agree...I hope the next time he is shooting up roids...he slips and sticks the syringe straight up his *****!!!!

Dude, you do not know what you are talking about here. Miller is not 'all of a sudden' a better fit; he has been a knowedgeable fan favorite and terrific weekly radio interview for the past few seasons. He is an engaging and intelligent player who also has the skills. Sauerbrun was a stopgap, but nevertheless a useful chess piece--with some considerable skills as well. We lost this round, but if Miller is healthy, he is the guy that most of us wanted back. His only drawback is his age--and any lingering concerns over his shoulder, which might be on the minds of the coaching staff as well.

You forgot something else important: Kraft stipulates that at least one player on his team must have had a Bar Mitzvah. Seems that that's settled now.

How in the world does one become a special master? Is there a degree program for that at university?

Pats tried to pull a fast one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back