Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

April 18, 2007
Sauerbrun update

Special master Stephen Burbank ruled in favor of the NFL Players Association and punter Todd Sauerbrun in a Tuesday hearing regarding Sauerbrun’s free-agent status.

The NFL Players Association was arguing that the Patriots’ rights of first refusal should be void.

“Mr. Sauerbrun is now an unrestricted free agent,” said Jeffrey Kessler, who was serving as outside counsel for the NFL Players Association. “We won a decision before a special master that we argued yesterday in Boston.”

Kessler said the Patriots could appeal the decision to the district court in Minneapolis.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 03:59:33 PM

Re: NFLPA rules in favor of Sauerbrun

shucks! we lost a punter

i actually preffered Sauerbrun since hes a little younger and a stronger leg than Miller but w.e

i hear Malone is doing very well in Europe..beating out that Sam Baugher or w.e by a wide margin

shucks! we lost a punter

i actually preffered Sauerbrun since hes a little younger and a stronger leg than Miller but w.e

i hear Malone is doing very well in Europe..beating out that Sam Baugher or w.e by a wide margin

Danny Baugher...;)

I'm upset about this only to the extent that it denies the Pats the opportunity to screw over the Donkeys.

OTOH, it also makes it just a little more likely that the Pats will draft Daniel Sepulveda, so I'll call it a wash. :)

[I like Miller, but I like the idea of a ST team that can work together for a decade or so even more. :) ]

I'm thrilled about this. Not only does Shanny get to have the last laugh, we're no longer stuck with a ****ty punter. He forces fumbles, how many punters do that?

This was a hilarious little ***** fight while it lasted.

EAT IT BELICHICK!

(um, yeah, I'm done now. Sorry.)

I'm upset about this only to the extent that it denies the Pats the opportunity to screw over the Donkeys.

OTOH, it also makes it just a little more likely that the Pats will draft Daniel Sepulveda, so I'll call it a wash. :)

[I like Miller, but I like the idea of a ST team that can work together for a decade or so even more. :) ]
Are you sure it's not Daniel Ventura?

Proof that these players must really hate their coach

let that whiny crybaby A--Hole go - Hes a freakin punter for heaven's sake...Hope he sucks in mile high this time around

Shanahan beats Beoli yet again. I'm surprised at this oversight from the front office.

Like someone said. It's a punter. Draft Sepulveda or whatever his name is day 2.

Give me Miller over Sauerbrun any day of the week (oh yes, and twice on Sundays).

It's funny how all the sudden you guys have a "better fit for the team" :)

Looks like the Patriots goofed.

After his clutch booming kicks in the playoffs, I'd appeal this ruling in MN.

I, for one, would liked to have seen Sauerbrun compete against Miller.

Miller is coming back off an injury and may not be fully recovered. I do

look forward to the two young punters getting a chance to compete for

the roster spot. From what I read in Mike Reiss's blog, Tom Malone did

quite well in his first game in NFLE. If the Pats want to get younger at

the position, give a rookie a shot.

Sauerbrun probably just wanted to file the complaint so it would give him an excuse to get drunk while celebrating his victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back