Asking for your support

Who will take Thomas' roster spot?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
So I noticed Bill was scheduled for a PC at 10:45 (the usual) and it has been backed up to 11:59 (lol). I would guess that's either because of team meetings ahead of the game-plan installation this afternoon or because they're making a roster move requiring a workout.

I would guess we're either looking at the return of Seau or Colvin if something's happening, but as I've tossed into the ring a few times, I hope they're activating Vince Redd.

Vince is the likeliest guy to be able to jump in since he's an active part of practices and meetings and everything team-related except playing the games.

We all think he's a legit edge rusher, but I don't know if we know anything about his edge-setting and coverage skills.

So my guess is Redd gets the nod and it's a meetings issue that changed the timing.
There's also the very real possibility that Wheatley and Alexander could go to IR, opening two more roster spots.

Waiting for this game is tough because we want to see our team be #1, but more than that we've all got a taste for Jets blood.

Poll included for the guess junkies.

Last edited:
So I noticed Bill was scheduled for a PC at 10:45 (the usual) and it has been backed up to 11:59 (lol). I would guess that's either because of team meetings ahead of the game-plan installation this afternoon or because they're making a roster move requiring a workout.

I would guess we're either looking at the return of Seau or Colvin if something's happening, but as I've tossed into the ring a few times, I hope they're activating Vince Redd.

Vince is the likeliest guy to be able to jump in since he's an active part of practices and meetings and everything team-related except playing the games.

We all think he's a legit edge rusher, but I don't know if we know anything about his edge-setting and coverage skills.

So my guess is Redd gets the nod and it's a meetings issue that changed the timing.
There's also the very real possibility that Wheatley and Alexander could go to IR, opening two more roster spots.

Waiting for this game is tough because we want to see our team be #1, but more than that we've all got a taste for Jets blood.

Poll included for the guess junkies.
I would be very surprised if the moves were anything but Thomas
to IR and Redd activated. Redd has been with the team since
minicamp and looked promising in the preseason.
Seau is a year older and has been out of the picture all year.
Hobson could not fill the OLB role with the Jets and did not
catch on with the Pats at MLB.

I have a feeling that any move will be tomorrow OR at the last possible time. Redd in Thomas to IR...that seems most natural...but surprised if done today.

Anyone hear Bill's PC? Any move made?

The link is screwed for the second week in a row.

The link on Patriots.com says it will be up by 1:30 Eastern. Not sure if another station was going to be carrying it live or not.

The link on Patriots.com says it will be up by 1:30 Eastern. Not sure if another station was going to be carrying it live or not.

Yeah, they always show them live via realplayer. Last two weeks it's been busted.

I voted Redd. That seems like the most obvious short-term answer for this week. Of course, after that, they could look at a Colvin or Seau, but I think as far as getting a body on the roster, Redd will be the man.

Yeah, they always show them live via realplayer. Last two weeks it's been busted.

Right now, they are doing PFW live. So, the Pats pushing the PC back 90 minutes caused it to over-lap. I am listening to PFW right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes