PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Spec: Randy Moss to the PUP list [impossible...]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Spec: Randy Moss to the PUP list

Not only does he want to place Moss on the PUP but he also wants to cut Jackson....Moron post of the week.

Oh yes, because Jackson has just been SO productive for us!

I guess the "old Randy Moss" really is back..... Hope none of y'all went out spent $75 on a #81 jersey.

Too bad the old Ray Lewis isn't back, knocking on your door with his gat.

I suppose the fact that BB said yesterday that Moss is "close, he's really close to returning", is doublespeak for "We are going to cut him loose tomorrow."

I suppose the fact that BB said yesterday that Moss is "close, he's really close to returning", is doublespeak for "We are going to cut him loose tomorrow."

When did I ever claim to have a pipeline to Bill Belichick?

And how would I know what he said yesterday? What do you do, wait all day to listen to his pre-season press conferences?

I was simply speculating that based on this pre-season, I don't see how Moss makes this team. Period. That's all. Me. Not Bill Belichcik. Not the NFL rules committee on regulating PUP lists. Just me.

I think there are five recievers who have shown me more than Moss this pre-season/TC.

They are: Washington, Gaffney, Stallworth, Welker & Caldwell.

If you disagree, that's fine.

Disclaimer aside, you have negatively framed this in so many ways that you deserve to get blasted anyhow...
He refuses to practice or play.
He refuses? You have evidence that Moss refuses, as opposed to the coaching staff disallowing him to practice, or more likely a mutual decision between Moss and the staff?

... pulling a hamstring while jogging half speed in the first week of camp? How bad can you pull a hammy while jogging?
While jogging? I heard he was going after a deep ball. And I don't recall it was during the very first week.

I mean if not the PUP list, I don't see how he even makes the team at this point.

I have wondered myself if there is a lack-of-dedication-factor coming to the fore with Randy Moss, but I simply can't know for sure. However, I have confidence that BB will throw him off the team if this becomes a problem. This is the way the contract was set up.

But with this ridiculous post, what you have done is set yourself on par with the Borges's and Felger's of the world.

Congratulations. I hear the Herald is looking for a few good men.

Well, ADPF, your speculation is unfounded and shows a lack of knowledge on your part. Which is surprising.

1) Moss can NOT be pupped.
2) There is no reason to cut Jackson.
3) The Pats have been milking injuries all around. Maroney, Seymour, Jackson, Moss, Wilson. Just to name a few.

ADPF, sorry, but this is one of the worst posts you EVER done. And that is sayin something.

Yeah, I'd have to say it's up there with the "dump Watson" post.

This one is simply factually inaccurate though. You'd think one would check their facts before they post and have their entire premise blown out of the water...

When did I ever claim to have a pipeline to Bill Belichick?

And how would I know what he said yesterday? What do you do, wait all day to listen to his pre-season press conferences?

I was simply speculating that based on this pre-season, I don't see how Moss makes this team. Period. That's all. Me. Not Bill Belichcik. Not the NFL rules committee on regulating PUP lists. Just me.

I think there are five recievers who have shown me more than Moss this pre-season/TC.

They are: Washington, Gaffney, Stallworth, Welker & Caldwell.

If you disagree, that's fine.

I was driving home and heard his interview on WEEI at 5:30. I would hardly call that "waiting around all day" or having a "pipeline" to BB. Please. Stop being so defensive.

Also, I assume that BB saying that he is close to returning means that he is fine and will play for the majority of the games this season. I, and probably just about everyone else, would take that over what you THINK you know about this team.

Lastly, when you are speculating what you think, it helps to at least know a little bit about what you are talking about. I also admit to not know all of the rules about salary caps, etc. However, you have this thing called the internet which has the NFL rules on such things plainly posted for everyone to see. Do a five minute read up and think, "is my speculation reasonable" and go from there. Speculation is all fine and good, but speculation should have some facts behind it to go along with your opinion. Blind opinions are not a basis for good speculations.

Not only does he want to place Moss on the PUP but he also wants to cut Jackson

One outa two ain't so bad. :)
Moss plays.

Last edited:

Do you want to keep Gaffney? Jackson was more productive then Gaffney during the regular season last year. He has been injured and you want to cut loose a high second round draft pick that BB traded up to get? How are his injuries his fault? By your rational, all rookies who are injured in their first couple of years should be cut because they haven't contibuted to the team. Well he did contribute last year when he could and has expressed publicly, this year, just how anxious he is about getting back on the field.

As far as Moss goes, everything that you talked about is speculation only. Why not let this play out a little before you start making assinine suggestions. Why not look at it as the Pats wanting to take slow with him based off of what happened to Jackson last year when they rushed him back too soon.

If you don't learn from your mistakes you are bound to repeat them.

He hasn't gotten the chance. Because he's been injured. There is absolutely no good reason to cut him.

Now I think would be the time we all start poking you with sticks.

And the fact that you would keep someone like Reche Caldwell over Randy Moss is... well, there are a litany of pejoratives I could use here, but you get the point.

Last edited:
Disclaimer: Please note that "Spec" is short for "speculation". Randy Mosss has NOT been placed on the PUP list. This only a speculative post.
---------------------------------------------------

What else can you do with the guy at this point?

We haven't seen hide nor hair of him in weeks.

So far he has missed, what, 3-4 weeks after pulling a hamstring while jogging half speed in the first week of camp?

How bad can you pull a hammy while jogging?

I guess the "old Randy Moss" really is back. The one from the Raiders and his last couple of seasons with Minnesota.

I was hoping for a new & improved Randy Moss that would embrace the Patriot way and get with the program.

I mean if not the PUP list, I don't see how he even makes the team at this point.

Gaffney, Stallworth, Welker, Caldwell, Washington. Brown & Moss to PUP. Jackson gets cut.

Hope none of y'all went out spent $75 on a #81 jersey.

When I first read your post, I thought that it was a joke and that you were mocking the hyper-concern over Moss' attitude, status, whatever. If you're serious, then my comment is that there is no way you could have enough information even to "SPEC" on the subject, so I wouldn't take your post seriously.

...um, maybe? (just kidding)

Disclaimer: Please note that "Spec" is short for "speculation". Randy Mosss has NOT been placed on the PUP list. This only a speculative post.
---------------------------------------------------

What else can you do with the guy at this point?

We haven't seen hide nor hair of him in weeks.

So far he has missed, what, 3-4 weeks after pulling a hamstring while jogging half speed in the first week of camp?

How bad can you pull a hammy while jogging?

I guess the "old Randy Moss" really is back. The one from the Raiders and his last couple of seasons with Minnesota.

I was hoping for a new & improved Randy Moss that would embrace the Patriot way and get with the program.

Gaffney, Stallworth, Welker, Caldwell, Washington. Brown & Moss to PUP. Jackson gets cut.

Hope none of y'all went out spent $75 on a #81 jersey.

This is an extremely stupid post. I'm sure others have pointed that out to you. What value does it hold to PUP Moss?

First of all, he wasn't "jogging half speed," he was running down a bomb from Brady that was too long. Second, hamstring injuries for wide recievers can linger and be a recurring injury if you don't rehab correctly.

My bet is that Belicheck told him to take it easy. I think it will be a few weeks before Moss is a starter, but I expect him to get at least 10-15 snaps against the Jets. I don't think BB is a fool, he understands that where there's smoke there's fire. Moss has some bad legs, so why not rest him for the season? Yes, timing is important with a WR/QB, but by October they'll be on the same page. Look at Gaffney in the playoffs last year, right? This guy figures to be a major cog in the passing game; it's completely understandable to take it easy with him. Do you really need to see him in a preseason game to know that he can catch the football??

Also, it NEVER sucks to be me. It is, has always been, and I suspect always will be, completely awesome to be me!
Yeah, especially awesome to be the class idiot who doesnàt know he's the class idiot and thinks he's cool and awesome.

I agree that people should not pick on you for your moronic post, but what good is having a class idiot if you can't laugh at him?

I didn't read all the posts here, but I assume by now you know that Moss cannot be put on PUP, so the whole concept is ridiculous. Also, that I have never read anywhere that Moss refused to practice. What I have read is that Moss is being treated conservatively because the is no need for him to chance furhter injury.

As far as cutting a top quality player because he has a twekaed hammy, that is the silliest of all. How many Patriot WRs have had tweaked hammies in their careers? Hint: I'm betting all of them going back to Gino Cappelitti.

I wonder if there are idiot Colts fans who are panicking because AV hasn't kicked yet in preseason? Do they understand that the Colts FO is saving his leg, or are they going bonkers like you?

Chill, dude or dudette as the case may be. The is no need to cut Moss because of a tweaked hammy.

Yes, Bradford, exactly. What he means is that Moss is "close, he's really close to returning...TO THE FREE AGENT MARKET."

1) how would I know what he said yesterday?

2) I was simply speculating that based on this pre-season, I don't see how Moss makes this team. Period. That's all. Me.

I really don't want to get personal, but you've made it impossible.

1) If you don't know what he said "yesterday," when you were posting this B.S. "yesterday," DON'T POST. Just keep quiet.

2) "I don't see how Moss makes this team?" "Period?" This is absolutely, positively MORONIC. Do you even follow sports? Do you think LaDainian Tomlinson can't possibly make the Chargers? He hasn't played at all.

You are truly one of the most willfully ignorant posters I've ever encountered here. It would, in fact, reflect BETTER on you if you were merely a troll.

Last edited:

Yeah, especially awesome to be the class idiot who doesnàt know he's the class idiot and thinks he's cool and awesome.

I agree that people should not pick on you for your moronic post, but what good is having a class idiot if you can't laugh at him?

I didn't read all the posts here, but I assume by now you know that Moss cannot be put on PUP, so the whole concept is ridiculous. Also, that I have never read anywhere that Moss refused to practice. What I have read is that Moss is being treated conservatively because the is no need for him to chance furhter injury.

As far as cutting a top quality player because he has a twekaed hammy, that is the silliest of all. How many Patriot WRs have had tweaked hammies in their careers? Hint: I'm betting all of them going back to Gino Cappelitti.

I wonder if there are idiot Colts fans who are panicking because AV hasn't kicked yet in preseason? Do they understand that the Colts FO is saving his leg, or are they going bonkers like you?

Chill, dude or dudette as the case may be. The is no need to cut Moss because of a tweaked hammy.

"If it is my burden to sacrifice myself for the amusement of your children, then I take that burden in Your name, Father..."

I really don't want to get personal, but you've made it impossible.

1) If you don't know what he said "yesterday," when you were posting this B.S. "yesterday," DON'T POST. Just keep quiet.

2) "I don't see how Moss makes this team?" "Period?" This is absolutely, positively MORONIC. Do you even follow sports? Do you think LaDainian Tomlinson can't possibly make the Chargers? He hasn't played at all.

You are truly one of the most willfully ignorant posters I've ever encountered here. It would, in fact, reflect BETTER on you if you were merely a troll.

"Willfully ignorant"...

Nice prose!

And for you, I can only say:

"Arrogantly judgemental"

Thank God you are in no position of authority in this world, as your need to judge and condemn those that are not in line with your thinking is tyrannical, fascist and totalitarian.

The internet is a comfortable aggression zone for you because those you attack cannot strike back, as I would, if say, we were standing face-to-face.

But alas, I pray for you.

Now get back to work...there are people in line at the Burger King drive thru and you've kept them waiting long enough!

Last edited:

"Willfully ignorant"...

Nice prose!

And for you, I can only say:

"Arrogantly judgemental"

Thank God you are in no position of authority in this world, as your need to judge and condemn those that are not in line with your thinking is tyrannical, fascist and totalitarian.

The internet is a comfortable aggression zone for you because those you attack cannot strike back, as I would, if say, we were standing face-to-face.

But alas, I pray for you.

Now get back to work...there are people in line at the Burger King drive thru and you've kept them waiting long enough!

Egads, that is feeble. First of all, if you're going to call me "arrogantly judgemental," at least spell JUDGMENTAL correctly, you freakin' moron. Secondly, we're all entitled to our own opinions, that's true, but you seem to be of the thinking typical of this decade and of your ilk - that we're all entitled to our own FACTS, as well. We're not.

You have exposed yourself as a complete and total F-ing idiot. You need to run along and stop taking the heaps of abuse your own words and actions have brought upon you. Even your retort here was in error. STOP HUMILIATING YOURSELF and LEARN THE GAME.

P.S. Disagreement with absurdities has nothing to do with Fascism. It has to do with integrity and common sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye