PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Speaking of turf

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaScotiaPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I just had an interesting thought. I was listening to today's PFW in Progress and the boys were discussing the whole BB and the Houston turf story and they mentioned that they think that when we went from natural grass to FieldTurf was right after this game in 2006 that we lost to a crappy NYJ team that really had no business beating us. (This BTW is also the last game TFB lost at home.)

Now think about this. That year was the year of the infamous AFCC game collapse in the RCA (or Really Crappily Awful) dome.

But, if we had FieldTurf for that game against the Jets and won, and everything else had gone the way it did after that for the rest of the regular season we (13-3 instead of 12-4) would have been the 3 seed instead of Indy (12-4). Which means after disposing of the woeful Chiefs at home we would have gotten a Baltimore team that wasn't really as good as their record indicated and then either gone to SD, which we ended up doing anyway, or hosted the Colts at home in the AFCC game, which means none of Polian's temperature raising/crowd noise piping in trickery.

The weather @ Foxboro that day was clear, 42 degrees, wind 18 gusting to 23, dropping to 37 degrees winds 18 gusting to 30 by the time the game ended. A little different then Peyton's ideal dome comfort, not to mention no moronic Colts fans to deal with.

I know, I know, Post Hoc Ergo Proper Hoc, but still it's kinda interesting given the discussion we're having now about turf how another game related to turf could have drastically changed our destiny.

Last edited:
I just had an interesting thought. I was listening to today's PFW in Progress and the boys were discussing the whole BB and the Houston turf story and they mentioned that they think that when we went from natural grass to FieldTurf was right after this game in 2006 that we lost to a crappy NYJ team that really had no business beating us. (This BTW is also the last game TFB lost at home.

Don't you mean a "****bum" team? :D

I just had an interesting thought. I was listening to today's PFW in Progress and the boys were discussing the whole BB and the Houston turf story and they mentioned that they think that when we went from natural grass to FieldTurf was right after this game in 2006 that we lost to a crappy NYJ team that really had no business beating us. (This BTW is also the last game TFB lost at home.)

Now think about this. That year was the year of the infamous AFCC game collapse in the RCA (or Really Crappily Awful) dome.

But, if we had FieldTurf for that game against the Jets and won, and everything else had gone the way it did after that for the rest of the regular season we (13-3 instead of 12-4) would have been the 3 seed instead of Indy (12-4). Which means after disposing of the woeful Chiefs at home we would have gotten a Baltimore team that wasn't really as good as their record indicated and then either gone to SD, which we ended up doing anyway, or hosted the Colts at home in the AFCC game, which means none of Polian's temperature raising/crowd noise piping in trickery.

The weather @ Foxboro that day was clear, 42 degrees, wind 18 gusting to 23, dropping to 37 degrees winds 18 gusting to 30 by the time the game ended. A little different then Peyton's ideal dome comfort, not to mention no moronic Colts fans to deal with.

I know, I know, Post Hoc Ergo Proper Hoc, but still it's kinda interesting given the discussion we're having now about turf how another game related to turf could have drastically changed our destiny.

It's also right after the Jest game that a depressed and vulnerable Tom Brady fell prey to a manipulative Bridget Moynahan, who bore his first son exactly nine months later. Field turf would have foiled that as well.

All I'm asking for is a flag on the guy who raped Reche Caldwell in the corner of the end zone in the RCA dome.

Is that too much to ask for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back