PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Speaking of Media - We need to keep an eye on this character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhh, Christopher Price.

Like a breath of fresh air on a night like tonight.

Christopher_Price said:
Hey ... looks like you guys have found another one of my freelance gigs. I do these for every Patriots home game. Hope you like 'em.
They're absolutely horrible and I want to know why a fellow as lazy as me has to link to them myownself! :D

Will you be doing one for the AFCE this weekend?

Christopher_Price said:
Hey ... looks like you guys have found another one of my freelance gigs. I do these for every Patriots home game. Hope you like 'em.

ItalianPat and others were wondering about a book of total Patriots History.

Aren't you working on one?

Nice job, Chris.

Thanks for reminding us that Brady makes a point of keeping in touch with his inner 8-year-old!

LOL that's hilarious. Hey Chris, can you track down the brand of the colorless dye Brady used?

Box_O_Rocks said:
They're absolutely horrible and I want to know why a fellow as lazy as me has to link to them myownself! :D

Will you be doing one for the AFCE this weekend?

You know, that's not such a bad idea. I started "10 Things We Learned..." a year or so ago, because I got sick and tired of trying to cram a zillion different storylines into one or two specific game stories. (Also, it's something different--let's face it, there are bunch of good folks covering the team, and you have to do what you can to distinguish yourself from the pack.) And I just did em for home games, because those were the games I was going to. (covering them for a variety of different media outlets, like Boston Metro, patsfans.com, etc...) But them become pretty popular--and I'm going to be doing more traveling with the team this season--so I think we're gonna expand them. Thanks for the good words--when I do them, I will make sure I post a link to them here at patsfans.com.

As for the book, it's coming along. I am in the home stretch now, busting my hump and working harder than I've ever been. (So if I miss a day or two here or there on the blog, it's likely because I'm working on the manuscript.) I want to thank everyone who helped out with their stories, and I apologize for the fact that I couldn't use everyone. It is a history of the franchise, but it focuses more on the last five years. In a perfect world, it would be the "Moneyball" for football. I've talked with a TON of people inside the game, like Aaron Schatz, K.C. Joyner and Ron Jaworksi, as well as a bunch of current and former Patriots, including John Hannah, Russ Francis, Steve Grogan and David Patten.

Anyway, here's a link to more info--the press release is from my agents' web site. Our release date is next fall.

http://www.ventureliterary.com/pages/n_apr2606.html

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited:
edgecy said:
LOL that's hilarious. Hey Chris, can you track down the brand of the colorless dye Brady used?

...and I'll ask about the dye next week...

Chris - we obviously need to start a thread on how to keep you busy and out of trouble! :rocker:

Good job, nice to see a big drink of Kool aid on this rainy October morning...

Last edited:
Chris, I've looking for other stadiums with grass that host both an NFL and MLS team.

The only other stadium seems to be Arrowhead Stadium which hosts the Wizards. Could you consider inquiring what the field condition is like at Arrowhead Stadium, and write an article comparing it to Gillette? The last regular season game for the Revolution will be played Sat. so this seems a good point to compare the field conditions between the two stadiums.

Giant Stadium hosts the Red Bulls but they play on field-turf.

lobster said:
Chris, I've looking for other stadiums with grass that host both an NFL and MLS team.

The only other stadium seems to be Arrowhead Stadium which hosts the Wizards. Could you consider inquiring what the field condition is like at Arrowhead Stadium, and write an article comparing it to Gillette? The last regular season game for the Revolution will be played Sat. so this seems a good point to compare the field conditions between the two stadiums.

Giant Stadium hosts the Red Bulls but they play on field-turf.

I like this idea. It's worthy mentioning that, at least until a few years ago, the guru of grass George Toma worked in Kansas City. (Toma is a turf legend--he's been the head groundskeeper for almost every major event over the last 20 or so years, including all 40 Super Bowls.) Maybe he has some sort of secret when it comes to maintaining a football/soccer field.

Christopher_Price said:
I like this idea. It's worthy mentioning that, at least until a few years ago, the guru of grass George Toma worked in Kansas City. (Toma is a turf legend--he's been the head groundskeeper for almost every major event over the last 20 or so years, including all 40 Super Bowls.) Maybe he has some sort of secret when it comes to maintaining a football/soccer field.
I'd assume the KC weather patterns will have some affect on things too - I expect Foxborough gets a bit more precipitation for starters. An interesting assignment for you - see, calling for ideas to keep you out of trouble is paying off. :p

Hey, wait a minute. We already have a Chris Price. He does a blog for us.

This guy should be more original. Before you know it we will have someone posting here saying I'm Ron Borges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back