Sox vs. Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

sieglo

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Sox and Yankees start at 8:00 tomorrow.

Pats and Chargers at 8:30.

Normally this would be a no brainer for me, but there's a possibility my girlfriend is getting her hands on Sox tickets. And it's Clemens vs. Schilling, not to mention a pretty important game.

Do I go to the Sox game, or watch the Pats on TV?

Usually the NFL tries to stay away from such conflicts... I was very surprised when I saw the schedule and it had the Pats and Chargers playing do late and on a day with a Sox/Yankees match-up.

In all honesty, if it was a girl, I'd tell you to skip the game ala Good Will Hunting... but, since its not, I'd say go, but bring your cell phone and check the score regularly.....

I think about the only Sox game I;d take over any Patriots game would be a world series clincher.

Schilling vs. Clemens, with Schilling having a chance to all but bury the Yankee's division title chances. Go enjoy the Red Sox game live.

The Yankees are buried anyways with the Sox winning tonight.

8pm tomorrow my TV will be turned to the Pats so I can watch them smack the Chargers in their big mouths.

Girlfriend who is lenient with the punani: stay home for Pats / Girlfriend who is pround of the tickets: go.

If you had DVR, you could record the game and watch it. Unfortunately, the game's in Boston - you're going to know who wins before you get home, which kind of ruins it.

I'd have to choose Sox live over Pats on TV. You'll have an opportunity to jeer the Antichrist in what may be his last game at Fenway.

If you regularly go to Sox games and it won't be special then you should stay home. If you only get to a couple games a year I'd say go.

You won't be able to avoid the result of NE-SD if you go, but football is fun to watch even if you know the result.

My brother gave up world series game 2 tickets (he won 2 on the radio) to go to the pats vs the jets on one of those nose bleed bus trips that a bunch of us had already bought tickets for.

He did get $800 for them, but he probably could have tripled that at the door.

Normally this would be a no brainer for me, but there's a possibility my girlfriend is getting her hands on Sox tickets. And it's Clemens vs. Schilling, not to mention a pretty important game.

DUDE, that's what the DVR's is for.

Sox live, fo sho..........

wow! that explains it,,,everything was going great a few weeks ago...and many here were looking for probs(ok they came later), redsox fans mentallity. i guess its normal that most are red sox fans first.

watch the pats! sitting at fenway for 4 hours? instead of watching on tv 2 teams which want to beat the other into submission?

after last nights win...its prob over ..sox will clinch...you will be biting your nails at the sox game and damning the moment you went.

sitting at fenway for 4 hours?
Not too many places I'd rather spend four hours. Fenway is beautiful, the atmosphere will be electric, and Clemens vs Schilling at twilight is poetic.

I can't say I'd choose that game if I had tickets to both, but there is no way I watch the Pats on TV instead of watching the Red Sox vs the Yankees live in September.

Go to the game. If it is not great, leave early and stop in a sports bar for the rest of the Pat's game. Whatever you do, show appreciation for the tickets -- remember it's the thought that counts.

Last edited:
very tough decision. i'll be at the pats game tonight and never seriously thought of not going because of the sox (on tv), but the idea that i'll be missing out on being able to see schilling/clemens has been going through my mind.

i'd say go to the game. i was at the clemens/pedro game in 99 (the "where is roger?/in the shower" game) and fenway was absolutely electric that night. i've been there plenty of other times and few other games i've been to match up to that one.

Last edited:
I almost said, no brainer watch the Pats. But being at Fenway for Red Sox / Yanks is something different. Go to the game, throw something at Clemens

The 'last game at Fenway' bit is irrelevant. He's had like 8 last games at Fenway to date. Heck I was at one of his 'last games at Fenway.' When he comes out 1/2 the people cheer, 1/2 sit on their hands. Its pretty well-organized by now.

I'm primarily a Sox fan; but there's 6-7 Baseball games a week, only one Football game. So I'll be watching NBC this evening with channel flips during commercials; but being able to go and see the Sox game live...

Last edited:

Get TiVO .

normally i would say watch the sox .but in the grand scheme of things the sox game isn't really that big because they are almost guaranteed a playoff spot even if they don't win the division .go with the pats .

Tough one. I've missed quite a few Pats games on tv to go to Sox playoff/world series games. This isn't quite a playoff game, but it is close. If it were the other way around and I had Pats tickets or watch a Sox playoff game, I'd say go to Gillette. You really cannot compare going to a game vs watching it on TV IMHO.

Go to Fenway. Enjoy it. Remember, Sox-Yankees games tend to run VERY long. The Pats' game will likely be over before you leave Fenway. DVR the game. Use your cell to get updates and when you get home you'll know if you should watch it or not.

Hee-hee, I am tickled by the responses here!

With tickets in hand, go to Fenway!! They usually flash the Patriots score on the boards between innings.

I plan on using the picture in picture feature to watch both games at the same time!!

wow! that explains it,,,everything was going great a few weeks ago...and many here were looking for probs(ok they came later), redsox fans mentallity. i guess its normal that most are red sox fans first.

watch the pats! sitting at fenway for 4 hours? instead of watching on tv 2 teams which want to beat the other into submission?

after last nights win...its prob over ..sox will clinch...you will be biting your nails at the sox game and damning the moment you went.

Give that man a cigar. It's a given that most sox fans are pats fans, since 2001 anyway, and they bring all that baggage with them that tends to annoy the crap out of us football fans Bill has tried to condition not to be overwrought whiners.

They should all go to or watch the sox game. Two over the hill pitchers meeting for what finally MERCIFULLY should be the last time in a meaningless game regular season game because one will have to retire before the HGH blood test is instituted and the other wants one more big payday he's not worth even as a pitcher mentor in say Tampa. They will be alternately joyous and pissed off when Roger leaves the mound in the second anyway with his patented groin pull only to have Shilling spit the bit and give up 4 in the 5th when he's out of gas.

When the choice is drama or melodrama, sox fans will always choose the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back