PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sox Threaten Boycott: Refuse to Take Field

Just one clarification, this money would be coming from MLB, not the Red Sox FO. It is not the FO being cheap, iit is MLB going back on the agreement made when the Sox agreed to play in Japan.

I've got to applaud them for doing this. The player make plenty, but to most of the coaches, $40k is a good chunk of coin. Good for them.

Just one clarification, this money would be coming from MLB, not the Red Sox FO. It is not the FO being cheap, iit is MLB going back on the agreement made when the Sox agreed to play in Japan.

Thanks, didn't see that. Now, that is really BS. How much money is $40,000 to MLB? Really glad to see the players respond the way they did.
Can't wait to see the satire from Boston Dirt Dogs.

Last edited:
Was I the only one hoping MLB didn't cave and the Sox didn't have to go to Japan?

Issue resolved they should either be there or be arriving soon. I am sure Dice-K and Oki will be glad 2 be back in their home country.

Resolved thanks to the Red Sox. MLB still failed to comply with what they promised. The Sox matched the $20,000 from MLB. As the article in today's Herald pointed out, the bullpen catcher only makes $30,000 a year.
The players should use plenty of pine tar on their helmets.

The players association is at blame as well as MLB.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back