PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sox obsessed WEEI causes drowsiness...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brick

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Epstein comes back to the Sox (they talk about him so much it felt like he never left). That's all I've practically heard over the airwaves not even ONE week after the Pats last game. How is this big news? Like Howie Carr says- how can we miss you if you won't go away? :D They even had Smerlas and DeOssie analyzing it...uuuugggghhhhh. :mad:

Seriously- 'EEI has all Spring, summer and most of fall to blather on about Manny being Manny and the Theo vs Lucchino snorefest. I'm crossing my fingers Felger on ESPN radio will do better but I won't hold my breath.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

BTW I'm new to this board (although I post and get bashed on the Jets/Bills boards as "PatriotReign" and "NEPatriotFan" :rocker: ).

Brick said:
Epstein comes back to the Sox (they talk about him so much it felt like he never left). That's all I've practically heard over the airwaves not even ONE week after the Pats last game. How is this big news? Like Howie Carr says- how can we miss you if you won't go away? :D They even had Smerlas and DeOssie analyzing it...uuuugggghhhhh. :mad:

Seriously- 'EEI has all Spring, summer and most of fall to blather on about Manny being Manny and the Theo vs Lucchino snorefest. I'm crossing my fingers Felger on ESPN radio will do better but I won't hold my breath.

Am I the only one who feels this way?

BTW I'm new to this board (although I post and get bashed on the Jets/Bills boards as "PatriotReign" and "NEPatriotFan" :rocker: ).

Your post made it obvious you were new here. There has been MANY posts about EEI's Sox centric ways, but thats the soap opera those guys love to dish about so it will never change. Some have posted here that they called EEI and said they wanted to talk about something Pats (in November) and they were told by the screener "We're only taking red Sox calls".

There are only two things more boring than baseball: talking about baseball, and listening to people talk about baseball. I'd rather watch paint dry, or count Ron Borges' nose hairs.

Wait

Look i am one who is usually pissed that they talk so much sox during the pats season. But the pats season is over and now it's the offseason for both of these teams. Epstein returning and the deal for gonzolez and Crisp about to go down---that' what they are going to talk about--deal with it! We all know that WEEI is a mouthpiece (so to say) for the sox,,,but you can't blame them now. If the pats were getting ready to play the steelers, they would still talk about it a little,,,but focus on the pats (i would hope) --- but that's not the case so get ready for sox talk until august. (with a little pats i am sure around draft time)

mtbykr said:
so get ready for sox talk until august. (with a little pats i am sure around draft time)

Yeah, hopefully the Desperate Housewives' season will be over by August so people's attention will start to go elsewhere ... :cool:

Thier ratings both in Boston and now Providence, where they beat the RI sports station WSKO in falls ratings book, just add fuel to the fire that they are doing things right. I don't see it changing no matter how much I wish it would. People just can't dissect football with enough knowledge the way they can baseball. You only have 1 game a week to bit*h about in football but baseball fans can second guess something new every day.

ya

Willie55 said:
They will be lucky to play .500 ball this year.

The Red Sox PR firm, er.. I mean the Boston Globe, was hard at work this weekend. What a fluff piece:

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2006/01/22/song_remained_the_same_for_red_sox/

ya the globe sucks! I won't even look at any of their stuff anymore, becuase i don't want to give them anything. The only times i consider it is reiss or jackie mac ( we could only wish they were not with the globe)

What would you rather be talking about?

1) The Patriots doing...uh...well...uhhh..6 months until training camp. 3 months until the draft. 1 month until free agency.

or...

2) Theo coming back, Red Sox making trades, MLB season almost here, 2006 Red Sox prospectives, etc.

I'd say #2.

If the Patriots were still playing, I'd say 1.

Willie55 said:
They will be lucky to play .500 ball this year.

Yeah, sure. :rolleyes:

pats1 said:
What would you rather be talking about?

1) The Patriots doing...uh...well...uhhh..6 months until training camp. 3 months until the draft. 1 month until free agency.

or...

2) Theo coming back, Red Sox making trades, MLB season almost here, 2006 Red Sox prospectives, etc.

I'd say #2.

If the Patriots were still playing, I'd say 1.

#1...... :D :rocker:

Judging by this incessant Red Sox talk, its clean WEEI can't accurately gauge the interest of New England sports fans

How they can be ignoring all the buzz about the Winter Olympics is just beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes