PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sox get a Corey of their own

NavinR.Johnson

On the Roster
Reaction score
Blockbuster ... or not
By Amalie Benjamin, Globe Staff
It's the trade everyone has been waiting for from the Red Sox front office. Umm...

Or maybe not.

The Red Sox just announced that they acquired righthander Bryan Corey from Texas for righthander Luis Mendoza.

Corey has not been added to the active roster, just the 40-man, taking the place of injured pitcher Matt Clement, who was moved to the 60-day disabled list (still retroactive to June 15). He had a 1-1 record with a 2.60 ERA in 16 games with the Rangers.

It appears Loretta isn't playing tonight as well..... hmmmmm

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/

NavinR.Johnson said:
It appears Loretta isn't playing tonight as well..... hmmmmm
I noticed that too. I hope Theo doesn't do anything rediculous just to bring in a B level pitcher.

Can you find room for Pat Burrell, since my Phillies are just giving players away for nothing, like today?

Burrell will not wave his no trade clause, unless the team he gets traded to, is the Red Sox, or Yankees.

He nixed the trade to the Oriole's, because he has that no trade clause.

JackPMiller said:
Can you find room for Pat Burrell, since my Phillies are just giving players away for nothing, like today?
umm, thanks, but no...
There's some absurd rumor out there that the Red Sox are in the Alfonso Soriano sweepstakes, which is nuts cause the last thing we need is another outfielder.
Pitching, Theo, pitching...

They asked about Soriano. I doubt there was anything serious going on. It never hurts to ask.

There is only one way the Sox are going to beat the Yankees, that's with pitching and defense. They have few assets to trade unless they go to the minors (Trot out, Faulk hurt). I would just as soon go with what we have and be satisfied with our future.

Corey DFA'd.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back