PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sox do NOTHING!!

FreeTedWilliams

RIP NEM
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Amazingly they make no trades. Nixon is going on the DL, so we are looking at three weeks of Kapler/WillyMO (which I don't think is a bad thing). Coco really needs to step up his game, I guess I would rather see they kids staying put, rather than renting a player for three months.

So I guess we go forward with the guys we have.

Trot Nixon for Wily Mo is a great trade.

Yeah, I agree. I'm much happier knowing that Theo is thinking long term and big picture, not just leveraging the farm and making a move just for the sake of making a move.
Plus, I would imagine the Sox could still pull down a #5 starter (Livan Hernandez, Tony Armas) through the waiver wire without much resistance if Wells goes out tonight and gets lit up.

Johnny Mac said:
Trot Nixon for Wily Mo is a great trade.

I agree J-Mac...Willie Moe is ready to break out. He now hits the outside pitch better than Ortiz and Nixon...and the outside pitch out of the strike zone as good or better than Manny.

I think it will take him a few years to be a good RBI guy...but he is a much more potent #5 hitter than anyone on this team including Nixon.

i used to like Trot...but he has become a punch and Judy hitter...way to many injuries on that tired body.

The guys on WEEI said they never saw a hitter hit a home run with a broken bat....Willie Moe almost did it.

Also...as mush as I hate Clement...I must admit that Bommer Wells and/or Clement are better than any #5 we could have obtained.

The other option was to get a #3 and slide Wakefield and Lester down...a very costly option and not one I wanted personally.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back