PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sox beat the Yankees again!

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
This time it took extra frames to do it. But the Red Sox put down the Yankees 3-2 at Fenway to take back the lead in the AL East. This victory makes the Sox 10-2 overall against their bitter rivals in the season so far. All I can say is hell yeah!! I was pretty nervous us being down 2-1 to the Yanks in the 9th with Rivera coming to the mound.

But these Sox are a different team this year as we touched up the usually untouchable closer for the run we needed to keep this thing going. And Josh Reddick getting the walkoff hit? What a story this kid has been. It explains a lot why the Sox didn't go harder after a RF like Beltran with the way Reddick has been playing! Love watching this team play, and I have a feeling we're in for a deep postseason run. First goal though is taking the division title! Let's go Sox!

Read here for a writeup of the game:
MLB.com Gameday | redsox.com: Gameday

It was business as usual as the Sox clearly have the psychological advantage if these teams match up in the playoffs. The Sox should beat the Yankees, 4-1 or 4-2 in a series. The Sox have an excellent opportunity to reach the World Series if they can stay healthy. I think the Sox will the division title.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back