Welcome to PatsFans.com

Sox beat the Yankees again!

Discussion in 'Red Sox Fan Forum' started by VJCPatriot, Aug 8, 2011.

1. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +64 / 1 / -4

This time it took extra frames to do it. But the Red Sox put down the Yankees 3-2 at Fenway to take back the lead in the AL East. This victory makes the Sox 10-2 overall against their bitter rivals in the season so far. All I can say is hell yeah!! I was pretty nervous us being down 2-1 to the Yanks in the 9th with Rivera coming to the mound.

But these Sox are a different team this year as we touched up the usually untouchable closer for the run we needed to keep this thing going. And Josh Reddick getting the walkoff hit? What a story this kid has been. It explains a lot why the Sox didn't go harder after a RF like Beltran with the way Reddick has been playing! Love watching this team play, and I have a feeling we're in for a deep postseason run. First goal though is taking the division title! Let's go Sox!

Read here for a writeup of the game:
    MLB.com Gameday | redsox.com: Gameday

2. sportsreport360

sportsreport360 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It was business as usual as the Sox clearly have the psychological advantage if these teams match up in the playoffs. The Sox should beat the Yankees, 4-1 or 4-2 in a series. The Sox have an excellent opportunity to reach the World Series if they can stay healthy. I think the Sox will the division title.