PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sox add Tug Hulett

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Wow ... a truly great Thanksgiving present from Theo.:rolleyes:

Gonzalez signs with Toronto today for 2.75 million today ... we signed Tug yesterday.

Sox add Tug Hulett - Extra Bases - Red Sox blog

Any blockbuster deals will apparently have to wait, but the Red Sox did make one roster move today.
The club acquired versatile infielder Tug Hulett from the Kansas City Royals for a player to be named later or cash considerations.

Hulett, 26, hit .111 in 18 at-bats with one RBI in 15 games for the Royals last season.
He appeared in five games at second base (two starts), but also saw time at third base (one game), shortstop (one game), left field (one game) and right field (two games).
The lefthanded hitter, who is the son of former major leaguer Tim Hulett, spent most of last season at the Royals' Triple A Omaha affiliate, where he hit .291 with 11 home runs and 53 RBI in 99 games.

Overall, Hulett owns a .194 batting average with one homer and three RBI in 45 games in the big leagues.
If you want to know more about Hulett, here is a particularly well-done column from the Seattle Times in 2008 in which he talks about coping with the childhood death of his younger brother and why he plays baseball.

WOW the Immortal Tug Hulet......What else could one ask for :rolleyes:

Perhaps their was a void in the clubhouse since Trot left ... need one dude with a bumpkin name.

Come on guys ... show Tug some love...

no..............

I hope Tug isn't one of those stupid criminals ... :ugh:

images

I hope Tug isn't one of those stupid criminals ... :ugh:

You mean like this guy.....63-year-old Springfield man arrested by state police on Interstate 91 in Whately for drunken driving - fourth offense | Breaking News - MassLive.com -

WHATELY – State police arrested a 63-year-old Springfield man early Friday morning and charged him with drunken driving after he pulled behind a trooper, – who had been conducting an unrelated vehicle stop on Interstate 91 – to ask for directions. ...... NAH :singing:

I'd like to know how he still had a license after Three previous DUI's. :confused:

Last edited:
I'd rather have Nick Green back.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes