PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sources: Saints' GM could eavesdrop on opposing coaches during home games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check the ratings for Patriot games in the pats decade, the Patriots are the NFL's bread and butter. Regardless of how much people hate us, people watch us. Why would the NFL intentionally undermine their golden boys. Your argument consists of a lot of "big" words, but it really doesn't hold water. The Jets are a joke, but talking **** is not an offense punishable by the NFL

How about coaches and players on the sidelines INTENTIONALY tripping players on the field? How did the league react? They let the Jets give out their own punishment.
Are you seriously going to tell me that the position on the field you tape something you are legally allowed to tape is a more serious violation that a plan to have players and coaches not involved in a play purposely triip the players on the field?

I have never heard anyone suggest of any such conspiracy ever existed.

It's a huge leap from wishing ESPN had more journalistic integrity on a consistent basis to thinking they have some charter calling to demonize the Patriots. They don't. They are just sloppy, lazy, and push the sensational story. It's as if TMZ ran a sports network.

Most of the stuff I hear on ESPN comes to fruition, just saying. Clearly they are not right 100% of the time, but it's similar to calling out your weatherman for not predicting the rain next saturday.

Why would the NFL intentionally undermine (the Patriots)...

They wouldn't. There is no conspiracy. Nobody thinks there is, except that YOU think that others posting here think that there is, with no valid reason. Being sloppy does not infer that a network is intentionally and conspiratorially biased. And to think the league is somehow in cahoots with the network to "get us" is just so wacky... how stupid can you be to think you are accurately depicting the opinion of ANYONE here?

How about coaches and players on the sidelines INTENTIONALY tripping players on the field? How did the league react? They let the Jets give out their own punishment.
Are you seriously going to tell me that the position on the field you tape something you are legally allowed to tape is a more serious violation that a plan to have players and coaches not involved in a play purposely triip the players on the field?

Don't put words in my mouth "andy" did I ever say that ours was a more serious offense than the tripping incident? The Sal Palosi incident had a direct impact on the outcome of the game, ours had a derivative impact.

the discussion was about whether ESPN coverage in 2007-2008 was factual. Your post implied that yes it was, since spygate was was real.

I pointed out a very clear example of openly biased an inaccurate coverage that, indeed, you neglected to mention. I thought it was important to bring it up, and still believe (as did ESPN's long-since fired ombudsman) that the network should have apologized for how vigorously they pushed the Herald story.

"openly biased" and "inaccurate coverage" are extremely arbitrary statements' and it truly only reflects your view of the situation.

...it's similar to calling out your weatherman for not predicting the rain next saturday.

Everybody knows the weatherman is making an educated guess.

When a "sports journalist" breaks a story with serious allegations, don't you expect it to be more than guesswork?

Do you expect proof, and tangible, verifiable facts?

If not, then why not?

Don't put words in my mouth "andy" did I ever say that ours was a more serious offense than the tripping incident? The Sal Palosi incident had a direct impact on the outcome of the game, ours had a derivative impact.

Ours had NO impat on the game.

You are arguing that we must have done something awfiul because of the penalty.
I am pointing out that what the Jets did was clearly worse, and they received no penalty.
This refutes your argument that we must have done something awful because of the amount we were penalized.
You just agreed with that, so it would appear we can dismiss the argument that it was worse than it was because the penalty says so.

"openly biased" and "inaccurate coverage" are extremely arbitrary statements' and it truly only reflects your view of the situation.

There is nothing arbitrary about characterizing the proven-false accusation of taping a Rams walkthrough as inaccurate. Did the Herald lie in issuing their front page retraction? You are so obtuse and bizarrely uninformed that I am beginning to suspect you are some sort of closeted Jets fan. Or are you 12 years old?

Last edited:
Ours had NO impat on the game.

You are arguing that we must have done something awfiul because of the penalty.
I am pointing out that what the Jets did was clearly worse, and they received no penalty.
This refutes your argument that we must have done something awful because of the amount we were penalized.
You just agreed with that, so it would appear we can dismiss the argument that it was worse than it was because the penalty says so.

The fact that we were penalized worse is, in my opinion, due to the fact that memo's were sent out regarding the taping of other teams, and we continued to disregard these memo's and continued taping, resulting in a serious penalty.

With all due respect, you just sound bitter about the 18-1 season, I've seen video that clearly shows we taped teams signals DURING GAMES, forget the walkthrough. Not to mention the NFL destroyed most of the tapes, we can only imagine what those tapes held. While the timing of the release was unfortunate, are you seriously going to blame our Superbowl loss on ESPN? The allegations were not fabricated, the entire world is not conspiring against the Patriots. We broke the rules, and we have paid dearly for it, it's too bad that you just can't let it go. By the way, the "herald" is not the end all be all, regardless of their retraction.

You seem to have almost no idea what you're talking about on the issue. You might want to take a look at the extant FRAME stuff to give yourself more of a grounding:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/719333-frame-central-resource-refute-cameragate-baloney.html

The fact that we were penalized worse is, in my opinion, due to the fact that memo's were sent out regarding the taping of other teams, and we continued to disregard these memo's and continued taping, resulting in a serious penalty.

So disregarding a memo about where to stand when taping what you are legally allowed to tape is a more serious violation than instructing your coaches and players on the sidelines to trip players on the field?
You can't be serious.

Everybody knows the weatherman is making an educated guess.

When a "sports journalist" breaks a story with serious allegations, don't you expect it to be more than guesswork?

Do you expect proof, and tangible, verifiable facts?

If not, then why not?

No I really don't, when Ric Bucher says that he expects "meta world peace" to receive a 10 game suspension for his elbow incident last night, I do not plan on filing a lawsuit if "meta world peace" only gets 5 games. Sure I expect it to be in the ballpark, but other than that I hold no expectation other than that institution is risking lawsuit if they deviate so much from the truth that they can be charged under state/federal law.

The fact that we were penalized worse is, in my opinion....

who is "we"???

what number do you wear?

are you ticked that your dad is now a running back for the Bengals?

No I really don't, when Ric Bucher says that he expects "meta world peace" to receive a 10 game suspension for his elbow incident last night, I do not plan on filing a lawsuit if "meta world peace" only gets 5 games. Sure I expect it to be in the ballpark, but other than that I hold no expectation other than that institution is risking lawsuit if they deviate so much from the truth that they can be charged under state/federal law.

You can't compare a guy predicting what will happen to breaking a story that a team has cheated and there is proof, when neither actually happened, and there was no real attempt to verify the accuracy.
You don't have to verify your prediction. You do have to verify the facts of a breaking NEWS STORY.

not only what mangini did with the jests, but he was employed by the pats while they were taping. mangini was a beneficiary of the the pats success. he got a promotion to the pats most hated rival because of that success and snitched on the pats. he never said a word until he was with that rival.where was espn's outrage then ? and all espn can do is worry about who snitched on the saints. what a bunch of hypocirtes. i never heard one word when it came to who snitched on the pats. no condemnation whatsoever. if this were the pats, espn would be killing them without evidence. what a joke clayton, polian and shlereth are. i don't know how else to say it but, eff them.

So disregarding a memo about where to stand when taping what you are legally allowed to tape is a more serious violation than instructing your coaches and players on the sidelines to trip players on the field?
You can't be serious.

Jesus Andy you love putting words in others' facial orifices, I'm arguing against 4 people right now, including Dues Irae who holds a perpetual grudge. Therefore, I must admit that no matter what I say I will not win. Regardless of the fact that I will not win, I never said that what Sal Palosi did was a more serious violation that ours. You would have to ask Mr. Goodell about that, perhaps it was because no memo was sent about constructing a wall on the sidelines that was then blatantly disregarded.

you seriously do not understand the difference between someone offering an opinion about what another person will decide (in this case, David Stern)

and someone claiming to report the results of an investigation into serious offenses?

really?

hello!

you seriously do not understand the difference between someone offering an opinion about what another person will decide (in this case, David Stern)

and someone claiming to report the results of an investigation into serious offenses?

really?

hello!

I regress, not because I concede, but because I simply cannot continue this argument. 5 on 1 does not seem fair to me but hey, I guess I asked for it, what was I thinking?? Not to mention I have a job to get to in the morning, best wishes to all, no hard feelings, just differing opinions.

Jesus Andy you love putting words in others' facial orifices, I'm arguing against 4 people right now, including Dues Irae who holds a perpetual grudge. Therefore, I must admit that no matter what I say I will not win. Regardless of the fact that I will not win, I never said that what Sal Palosi did was a more serious violation that ours. You would have to ask Mr. Goodell about that, perhaps it was because no memo was sent about constructing a wall on the sidelines that was then blatantly disregarded.

I will assume you mean NOT, before the bold.
This is what you said:

Originally Posted by THELAWFIRM226
The fact that we were penalized worse is, in my opinion, due to the fact that memo's were sent out regarding the taping of other teams, and we continued to disregard these memo's and continued taping, resulting in a serious penalty

You said this in the face on the discussion of the Jets not being penalized at all, in fact not really even being quesitoned.
I don't know how you make this statement saying we were penalized worse because we disregarded a memo after earlier stating the proof we did worse than was let on is the level of punishment.
You are arguing the punishment proves the seriousness of the offense, and then explained here why we received a harsher penalty.

Maybe you should take a break, becuase you are now saying things explicitly in one post and acting offended that someone thinks you believe what you just wrote in the next.

I will assume you mean NOT, before the bold.
This is what you said:

You said this in the face on the discussion of the Jets not being penalized at all, in fact not really even being quesitoned.
I don't know how you make this statement saying we were penalized worse because we disregarded a memo after earlier stating the proof we did worse than was let on is the level of punishment.
You are arguing the punishment proves the seriousness of the offense, and then explained here why we received a harsher penalty.

Maybe you should take a break, becuase you are now saying things explicitly in one post and acting offended that someone thinks you believe what you just wrote in the next.

I plead the 5th your honor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes