PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sources: Revis to line up on Welker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know i am going to sound ignorant of my Team here !! but who the hell is Woodhead ?
Cheers. Abdul. GO PATS

I simply cannot believe what the article says about Fat Rex:
The Jets' head coach is a schematic genius, a master of disguise and deception wrapped in sound bites and one-liners.
Oh brother - no wonder everybody with an IQ over 50 hates the jets.

Manish Mehta is a Rex Ryan rump swab. Reading some of his articles this summer, the guy is a fan and writes like a fan. I remember reading him praising Rex on how he knows how to control the Jets when he reamed out his team for eating hamburgers on the field in the next meeting (the famous "let's get a goddamn snack" speech). He kinda missed the fact that he reamed out his team because THEY WERE EATING HAMBURGERS ON THE PRACTICE FIELD.

So they're turning their bishop into a pawn.

/Maroney'd

Sorry,,just saw who Woodhead is !! WOW,,When did that happen ? just came online and just didnt know at first who u all were talking about. No way he plays so soon surely ?

People keep forgetting how good Edelman is. First preseason game....best player on the field. The quickness of Welker but with tackle breaking ability. He will own the midfield routes while the Jets D focuses on Moss, Welker. I expect Edelman and PCC too be the X-Factors.

I sense this is more of the gamesmanship that BB and RR are playing against each other, feint and counterfeint. I suspect that neither team will come out vanilla and each has planned surprises, including different assignments for the Jet's All-pro CB. I am expecting the Jets to go blitz happy in common with most other posters on this board. I am just hoping that Brady doesn't get hit too often though I wish Mankins was there.

I think putting Cromartie on Moss and giving him help over the top makes some sense while moving Revis onto Welker. If they do this the hamstring rumors were complete BS. It would also be funny if Welker put up huge numbers against him considering who he's shut down over the past year. A lot of people discount what Welker does because he doesn't have the measurables of an Andre Johnson or Larry Fitgerald or try to say it's only because he catches all the short routes. My usual reply is send one of those guys over the middle and see how long they last.

I know i am going to sound ignorant of my Team here !! but who the hell is Woodhead ?

Danny Woodhead. Recently signed RB/WR cut four days ago by the Jets.

UDFA last year played in 10 games last year (zero starts). Not sure if he was active or not in either of the Patriots games but did not record any stats.

Season totals for last year.

Rushing 16 att 64 yards
Recieving 8 catches for 87 yards.
1 kick return for 16 yards.

Played but recorded no stats in the Ravens game.

Manish Mehta is a Rex Ryan rump swab. Reading some of his articles this summer, the guy is a fan and writes like a fan. I remember reading him praising Rex on how he knows how to control the Jets when he reamed out his team for eating hamburgers on the field in the next meeting (the famous "let's get a goddamn snack" speech). He kinda missed the fact that he reamed out his team because THEY WERE EATING HAMBURGERS ON THE PRACTICE FIELD.

I was going to post something similar. Manish is almost childlike in his worship of Rex. Rex reamed them alright, and the test was to be how much more prepared and disciplined that resulted in them performing the next time out...not. That is the problem coaches like Rex face - harder than you think to put the genie back in the bottle once released...

Manish is now extolling JET fans to remember that DESPITE all the penalties and miscues they only gave up 10 to the mighty :rolleyes: Ravens... You should win most of those games...if you had a QB and a functional offense. A lesson it took the Ravens a long time to learn. The same reason Favre is back in Minnesota or Chicago traded for Cutler...Defense wins championships alright, provided you have at least a functional offense.

The best part is when PFT runs their blurb on this breaking news, the comments section that usually disolves into a series of cheating references is suddenly instead almost universally mocking the arrogance that is the 2010 JETS. They have become the new team America loves to hate...LOL

I'm okay with this. This is why we have tight ends now :p

The nice thing now is that we have a number of other options to throw the ball to.

If Woodhead was a great reciever, than why did the Jets cut him to sign Clooney?

wouldn't YOU sign this guy? just look at him.

george_clooney1.jpg

anybody else see Welker still having a good game?

Personally I'm glad they are going to try this. Welker is unguardable out of the slot. There is no way Revis will have any success {with the NFL rules via Polian} unless the Jets give him help with a LB. Unfortunately for them, if they do this our TE's will be open all game long. Oh yeah, and they are going to give Cromartie safety help over the top against Moss as well. Again this is a TE's wet dream.

The Jets better be able to collapse the pocket quick or it is going to be a long confusing day for them.

Last edited:
The jets are blowing smoke.

If there is any credence to this look for a blitz any time rev is is on welker.

First I think Welker schools him in the slot ... also ... this means Brady has both sides of the field to throw to. dumb move by Rex to do this ... go for it Rexy.

It isn't a bad idea if in fact that's what Rex is planning. They can always put Revis back on Moss if he starts shredding their secondary (which I doubt, because they will give Cromartie or Wilson safety help, plus Randy is pretty much a one-trick pony who isn't good going over the middle or making YAC).

Rex would love to knock Brady down all day. I know everyone is all a-twitter about Fred Taylor, but the Pats DO NOT have a legitimate running game. Welker is still Brady's failsafe check down and primary target, so it's logical to take that away from and force him to hold onto the ball longer when Welker isn't open. Whoever said there won't be much blitzing if the Jets use a safety to double Moss couldn't be more wrong.

I really think you force the Pats into making Moss, Tate, or the tight ends beat you instead of Welker, so I would put Revis on him too.

I said it in another thread, I didn't think Rex would be that stupid. But maybe I was wrong. Revis will not be able to cover Welker. Welker is a different beast than those big speedy guys on the outside. And it is a lot easier to cover a guy "on a deserted island" than it is in congestion.

Dumb, dumb idea by Rex. He just weakend his entire secondary. Because Revis is the only guy they have that can keep Moss in check. If he is on Welker than Moss is going to have a big day and Welker will still get his.

If Woodhead was a great reciever, than why did the Jets cut him to sign Clooney?
Because all receivers aren't the same, and the Jets had plenty of short range targets. They were desperate for a long range target. I believe that Clowney would have been cut and Woodhead resigned one Santonio Holmes came off suspension.

Won't help the Jets. Clowney = Chad Jackson. Talented Underachiever and a source of frustration.

the Pats DO NOT have a legitimate running game.
What is this based on? They may not do well running against the Jets or Ravens, but no one does. Pats running game has been very productive over the years if you look at team production rather than individual stats.

Good I hope they do, it will take their best defender away becuase trying to cover Welker is like winning the Lotto...GOOD LUCk. I don't think anyone can cover him. Wes is going to kick his behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back