Welcome to PatsFans.com

Sources: Favre to play '06 season for Packers

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by broadwayjoe, Apr 25, 2006.

1. broadwayjoe

broadwayjoe Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

2. SeanBruschi54

SeanBruschi54 Rookie

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

3. BradyBirdYazOrr

BradyBirdYazOrr Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes...Now I can start planning my dinners for the week.Life goes on
  4. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

re

Yaaaaaay (sarcasm).

Now Aaron Rodgers will have one less year of development, the Packers will have one more year of Brett Favre arse-kissing articles (while he piles up the interception stats), and everyone can have one more year of hearing about how much Brett Favre plays with so much joy on the football field.

Please.
  5. BradyBirdYazOrr

BradyBirdYazOrr Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He has got to be close to the int record...can anyone pull that stat...thanks
  6. zippo59

zippo59 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Well you can officially cross the Packers out of the playoffs. It was unlikely before, now there's no f'in way.
  7. zippo59

zippo59 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Favre is at 255, just 22 ints away from tieing the record. It is currently held my George Blanda, with 277. Favre will get the record unless he is injured or benched.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  8. nickw308810

nickw308810 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Brett Favre has been one of the best QBs ever and even though he handled this situation wrong, you would have to agree you wouldn't want to go out after having a year like he did last year either. Him coming back was the Packers only chance at the playoffs, but he still doesn't have the talent around him to make it happen. I hope he has a decent year and then moves on. Plus, the more games he plays the less likely it is for Peyton to break his consecutive starts record.
  9. zippo59

zippo59 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The Packers are as bad as they are because of HIM. Favre was a great quarterback. WAS. There is no one to blame for his dismal play but himself.
    http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Article.php?Page=764

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Article.php?Page=586&Category=11
  10. edzo44

edzo44 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5 / 1 / -0

#50 Jersey

And now Favre will go down as another quarterback who played one year too many in his career, so that it might potentially detract from his overall body of work. This is not fully about football. This is about a formerly great quarterback being unable to give up the public spotlight gracefully. That monstrous ego of his doesn't want him to visualize life after football so he's grasping desparately at every opportunity to stay in the limelight even though it has directly hurt the team and his reputation.

So this whole staged episode when all was said and done, it really was all about me, me. me . . . not about us! (Which is just what Chumura said.) He stands a solid chance of making an ugly exit from football to the point that even Packer fans might be happy to see him go. He's forced the team into an additional "building" year by delaying it by another sterling year of mediocrity. Way to go Bret!

:rolleyes:
  11. BradyBirdYazOrr

BradyBirdYazOrr Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Did you say one year too long?I guess last year was a regular highlight reel 29ints eek....Maybe hes sticking around long enough to earn enough money for some lip implants...its like a damn open wound...creepy...he must be canadian...dont get me wrong I love the guy
  12. jct

jct Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Tough Luck for cheeseheads...How sad:D
  13. kierkegaard

kierkegaard Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Part of me wants to agree with you but I can't jump on the boat completely because the other part of me says this guy really does love the game of football and wants to play. If thats the case, you can hardly fault him for wanting to come back. Question is, would he be willing to sit on the bench if that was what was best for the team? And thats where the part of me that agrees with you takes over...
  14. Feep_FLA

Feep_FLA Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Brett Saga: continues?!? Good gracious. He's outta his flippin mind. Hey Brett see if you can play another 4 years and make every last cheesehead hate you with a passion where once you were revered..... Ego so big it has its own weather system!:rocker:
  15. dhamz

dhamz Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

This is big news. It is right up there with Aaron Brooks signing and the Joey Harrington trade!!!! If we can get a Ryan Leaf and Scott Secules update then it will be complete.

I've never heard so much hype for a terrible player. Granted he was great once but that was years ago. For all the talk about the lack of talent around him, what is ignored is that thye play in maybe the worst division in football and if they replaced Favre's inept play last year with a mediocre Gus Ferrotte type they probably win enough games to be in playoff contention.

After all, for all his whining about his teammates, this is a team that lost 8 games by 7 points or less last year and Favre threw 19 INTs in those games.
  16. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Good, let's crush him in Cheesehead Country November 19th!

BTW- I'm still bitter about SB31 and the 2002 game in Foxboro :)
  17. stcjones

stcjones Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 7 / -1

#12 Jersey

wow.......

I for one am shocked.......who would have seen this coming ;)

At least now I can get back to my usual routine.....I have been camped out in front of the tv for the past few months with my eyes glued to NFL Network...just waiting for his answer.......thank gawd for Brett Favre......he should run for president after completing his NFL career...whenever that is....
  18. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I don't think he'll make it through the whole season. Either he's injured, or they're calling for his head as the team struggles.
  19. 14thDragon

14thDragon Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, I guess we will not be getting Walker.
  20. the taildragger

the taildragger Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I put the over/under at 8 games til the "transition to Rodgers."

Wonder how this affects Easterbrook's exclusive on whether Favre's going with the turkey sandwich, with cheese?