PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Source says Patriots willing to trade two first round picks to move up to Top 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this guy even though he is a couple of inches shorter than a BB OLB/DE. I would rather take a shot on a player like Ingram with the skills he has at 6'2'' than grab a jag who is 6'5'' and try and coach him up

what, you arent happy with shawn crable and jermaine cunningham???

This isn't very credible this far out, but if something like this were to happen it would be for a position that BB values highly either a DL, LB or CB that he thinks will be an all pro.

what, you arent happy with shawn crable and jermaine cunningham???

Now, now, Cunningham actually showed some promise before falling into the abyss. Crable started in the abyss.

I like this guy even though he is a couple of inches shorter than a BB OLB/DE. I would rather take a shot on a player like Ingram with the skills he has at 6'2'' than grab a jag who is 6'5'' and try and coach him up

Yeah, I agree. You can't teach special.

The most telling thing for me was that the Carolina coaching staff designed a fake punt that put the ball into Ingram's hands, instead of a skill position player. The depth of confidence and trust involved in snapping the ball directly to a defensive lineman in a live game speaks more loudly to me than all the expressions of confidence a coach can spew to the media.

Okay, I'll bite. Even tho I know this is a crock, it's a fun little game.

If BB was really considering this, it would be for Melvin Ingram aka Mr. Versatility Himself. Rare talent at a position of chronic need for the Pats.

Watch the game film against Georgia. Melvin Ingram vs Georgia 2011 - YouTube

He does the following in that one game:
- Play as DE, hand down in 4-3, sealing the edge
- Play as DT, hand down taking on the double team
- Play as OLB, standing and outside rush
- Play as OLB, dropping into coverage
- Play as ILB, in run blitz
- Score TD on fake punk designed for him
- Recover a fumble for a TD
- Recover onside kick as part of the good hands team to end the game

In high school, he played the following positions:
QB, RB, SS, K, P, WR, LB, LS

276# which is Willie McGinest size, and just about every skill you could want from a defensive lineman. Just an incredible, natural football player.

Sounds like someone BB would go out of his way for.

You make a really good argument for this guy with some fine examples to go along with. If indeed this is the route BB wishes to go then I would say the chances just got better with the Bills signing Williams today. Many had him going to them at 10 and they may now look in a different direction with Mario on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back