PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Source: Patriots worked out Shayne Graham & Shaun Suisham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
They do this every year. It's just to have somebody they are comfortable with in case Ghost got hurt. Look at his performance against Miami. He was constantly making them take the touch back with the deep kicks and hit all the FGs and extra points in spite of bad snaps, great job by Zoltan getting them down.

Doesn't really make much sense after all of the money they just gave him. But he was missing field goals at the beginning of the season. I would be shocked if they brought in anybody else at this point as it appears he has gotten off the schneid.

Gostkowski has struggled this year to date, but somehow I doubt those two are better options.

just updating their lists as reiss always says...

Gost can kick the air out of a ball...just not very straight.
I love him on the kick offs and wish he'd be more accurate on the 45yd and closer kicks.
He was 19/20 inside 40 last year and a solid 5/8 from 41-49. His accuracy isn't stunning but it's good - Graham and Suisham are just being looked at in case anything happens to Gotti - who is going nowhere.

Source: Patriots worked out Shayne Graham & Shaun Suisham

this is from Aaron Wilson of National Football Post, he's legit. guess they're not happy with gostkowski
Especially after the Miami game, I don't understand how you could reach that conclusion.

The Pats/BB have long made it a habit of bringing in players to work out during the season. It's primarily for their shadow roster, in case they are needed in the future for emergency purposes.

Due diligence.

They do this every year. It's just to have somebody they are comfortable with in case Ghost got hurt. Look at his performance against Miami. He was constantly making them take the touch back with the deep kicks and hit all the FGs and extra points in spite of bad snaps, great job by Zoltan getting them down.

just updating their lists as reiss always says...

Precisely. You're not going to waste a roster spot on a backup kicker, but should the unthinkable happen and your kicker goes down, you're not going to just assume the punter can fill in, or just grab a guy cold off the scrap heap that you've never looked at before. It may not be the most important decision of your season, but it's not one you want to make without a little scouting.

I got mad love for The Ghost.

Gost can kick the air out of a ball...just not very straight.
I love him on the kick offs and wish he'd be more accurate on the 45yd and closer kicks.
At the worst, he is the Happy Gilmore of Place Kicking.

He's more accurate than Vinateri ever was, and thats a fact.

This. They do it every year at several positions. That way, if a player goes down, they have an idea who they want instead of just picking up a list of free agents and calling numbers.

This. They do it every year at several positions. That way, if a player goes down, they have an idea who they want instead of just picking up a list of free agents and calling numbers.

You betcha. Due diligence. It's just another version of the "situational football" that Coach preaches.

He was 19/20 inside 40 last year and a solid 5/8 from 41-49. His accuracy isn't stunning but it's good - Graham and Suisham are just being looked at in case anything happens to Gotti - who is going nowhere.

He's more accurate than Vinateri ever was, and thats a fact.

I am not saying he should be cut or traded. He is 4/7 on FG this season with only 1 attempt 50yds or greater. His best season was 2008. Maybe a little wake up call with some competition is not a bad idea.
I love having him kick off, but I get tachycardic watching him kick FG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots