PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Source: Patriots "love" Odrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me loves Odrick too at #22.

I gotta feeling that this guy is perfect pick for the pats at 22.
But that's the same way i felt about Clay Matthews last year:bricks:

The Pats plans on who they are going to draft at #1 have been exposed

That means one thing.....

Eliminate Odrick :cool:

Its going to be Kindle....I think the Phins grab Odrick beforehand

Last edited:
I gotta feeling that this guy is perfect pick for the pats at 22.
But that's the same way i felt about Clay Matthews last year:bricks:

Whenever I see Matthews make a huge play on Sunday's.... :mad:

I love.... lamp. I love lamp

I'd rather see us Draft a Sergio Kindle type in the first round and then get someone like Corey Wooten in the 2nd. Wooten might be more of a risk than Odrick, but I think his ceiling is higher.

I'd rather see us Draft a Sergio Kindle type in the first round and then get someone like Corey Wooten in the 2nd. Wooten might be more of a risk than Odrick, but I think his ceiling is higher.
Odrick is looking like the only 3-4 DE who can play Week 1. Wooten has 20+ pounds to gain to play there and who knows where that leaves his athleticism. If the Patriots like another OLB, Odrick-otherguy works a lot better to me than Kindle-Wootton as there's a lot more depth among OLB pass rushers than 5 techniques.

That said, I don't believe a word that "sources" say these days.

I wonder if Corey is a relative of Former Patriot Ron Wooten?

Ron was one of my favorite Patriots Guards in the 80s

Doesn't all the hype over one pick mean we are definitely trading down?

This would have been great information to have at like 5 PM when I posted my mock. Now the entire thing has fallen to ****.

Those who know don't say, those who say don't know.
It was a lot closer to the draft but Holley said the Patriots loved Mayo the day before he was drafted. It's best not to automatically believe but it's best not to totally dismiss either.

Why do I find him such a boring pick? Sure he is utilitarian and needed but he just seems boring. Not exciting but 2 gappers are not that exciting I guess.

Why do I find him such a boring pick? Sure he is utilitarian and needed but he just seems boring. Not exciting but 2 gappers are not that exciting I guess.
Boring as hell. But Belichick's best #1 picks with us, Seymour, Warren, Wilfork, Mankins, have all been boring.

Although he's not "my" pick at #22, there's the very strong logic in his favor that the other needs are at deeper positions but there's no other 3-4 DE who are NFL ready in this draft.

but just because we love a player doesn't mean he's the highest player from our draft board that will be available. remember the Pats NEVER indicate who they are interested in. A few years ago we had no idea that the pats liked Mayo but they obviously did. Last year I believe we were interested in Louis Delmas and would have taken him if the stupid lions did not take him with the pick right before us. Anyway we had no clue that the pats liked Delmas.

I think the pats have been quiet about someone they like - not a peep about sergio kindle. hmm....

Not surprising at all. I still could see us taking him but my money is on us trading down.

Odrick is looking like the only 3-4 DE who can play Week 1. Wooten has 20+ pounds to gain to play there and who knows where that leaves his athleticism. If the Patriots like another OLB, Odrick-otherguy works a lot better to me than Kindle-Wootton as there's a lot more depth among OLB pass rushers than 5 techniques.

That said, I don't believe a word that "sources" say these days.

I like tyson alualu more

I like tyson alualu more
Maybe you'll prove to be right - most people seem to think he's been out of position in a 3-4, though, and will be a 3 technique in the NFL. Most people that I've read/heard, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes