PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Source: Dobson doubtful for minicamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually concerned about this. I feel like it's a big story going under the radar. I agree that holding him out is the right way to go. With all the injuries we've had over the years it just makes sense. He's missing valuable time though. And we really need his size playing wr. I really don't want to be depending on slot wr's the majority of the time again.

The thing that really bothers me is he started to understand the game more when he was hurt. The first half of the season he looked lost at the los. As he became more comfortable, the game started to slow down or maybe his mind was slowing down and he was processing the information in front of him faster. As the season went on he began to recognize what's in front of him and how to adjust to it. That's what bothers me. Is that he looked like he was finally getting it.

Well, this situation parallels, almost exactly, Edelman's last year.

Precautionary IMO of course

Why risk complete healing for a "mini-camp" if he was off in some exotic place I would be concerned, however he is here and out of sight, rehabbing??

Cut this useless waste of a draft pick!

LOL.

Not like a stupid foot is important to a receiver.

I'm not saying it isn't. I'm saying they had six months to get it right. They botched it, as usual.

I'm not saying it isn't. I'm saying they had six months to get it right. They botched it, as usual.

Or more likely whatever doctor that Dobson saw (it wasn't Gill) gave him two options, it might heal on its own or to get surgery. Dobson opted to let it heal on its own which it didn't or wasn't healing fast enough and he then decided to get the surgery.

The team can't force players to get surgery.

Or more likely whatever doctor that Dobson saw (it wasn't Gill) gave him two options, it might heal on its own or to get surgery. Dobson opted to let it heal on its own which it didn't or wasn't healing fast enough and he then decided to get the surgery.

The team can't force players to get surgery.

I doubt Dobson made that decision. Likely, they hope small cracks will heal, then have a date to reevaluate/cut.

Either

1. He is being held out for completely precautionary reasons
2. He will be ready for camp late July
3. He will be ready for week one which is still several months away spending, time on active PUP
4. He goes to reserve PUP and is out until we start hitting a tough part of the schedule, Bears, Broncos, Colts.

If they do reserve PUP him, which I doubt, it will allow them to keep KT and Boyce for the first 6 weeks.

Better to have Dobson back when he is ready than to risk injuring his foot again. Either way, nothing anyone can do about it so it is not really worth fretting about.

Show us how the botched it. Provide expert analysis and professional insight to the situation.

You know nothing about his injury, the process, or what the team did or didn't do, you're simply being ignorant. Before you call me a homer, I'm not defending the teams actions or Dobson's decision, I'm simply calling you ignorant for your incredible shortsightedness into the situation.

Show us how the botched it. Provide expert analysis and professional insight to the situation.

You know nothing about his injury, the process, or what the team did or didn't do, you're simply being ignorant. Before you call me a homer, I'm not defending the teams actions or Dobson's decision, I'm simply calling you ignorant for your incredible shortsightedness into the situation.

Ironic you called me out yesterday for being "sarcastic" and a "****" to someone.

Ironic you called me out yesterday for being "sarcastic" and a "****" to someone.

I'm not talking about another persons mental or physical conditions, just someone who is blaming the team, in quite the ignorant manner, with absolutely no proof to support his claim.

These situations aren't even remotely similar. Everything I'm calling him out on is football related, nothing personal.

Calling you out yesterday was not about you being a **** or sarcastic just for the hell of it, it was about the material you used to base your attack on.

So no, it's not really ironic.

I'm not talking about another persons mental or physical conditions, just someone who is blaming the tam with absolutely no proof to support his claim.

These situations aren't even remotely similar. Everything I'm calling him out on is football related, nothing personal.

So no, it's not really ironic.

Come on! You are insulting the guy, plain and simple. Dont try to spin out of it. I dont have a problem with you but this is not really any different. Tony never did anything to provoke you other than be a chicken little a bit.

Tony is being negative, but how can you call him ignorant unless you have definitive proof that they did not "botch" his foot. I dont think they did, or perhaps maybe they made the wrong decision in hindsight but lets not get coo coo here.

Come on! You are insulting the guy, plain and simple. Dont try to spin out of it. I dont have a problem with you but this is not really any different. Tony never did anything to provoke you other than be a chicken little a bit.

Tony is being negative, but how can you call him ignorant unless you have definitive proof that they did not "botch" his foot. I dont think they did, or perhaps maybe they made the wrong decision in hindsight but lets not get coo coo here.

He didn't simply say "they botched his foot situation", he said "they botched it, as usual". Which is an ignorant statement, it completely ignores everything good the team does medically, which is quite a lot, as we are generally a pretty healthy team, and makes it appear as if the team can do nothing right and screws up every situation.

It's an ignorant thing to say.

Had he simply referred to the foot I would have never bothered replying, because he may very well be correct (i also don't believe they botched it, but who knows) but he accused the team of screwing up every time, which simply isn't true.

He didn't simply say "they botched his foot situation", he said "they botched it, as usual". Which is an ignorant statement, it completely ignores everything good the team does medically, which is quite a lot, as we are generally a pretty healthy team, and makes it appear as if the team can do nothing right and screws up every situation.

It's an ignorant thing to say.

Had he simply referred to the foot I would have never bothered replying, because he may very well be correct (i also don't believe they botched it, but who knows) but he accused the team of screwing up every time, which simply isn't true.

I agree there is a lot of negativity about a lot of silly things. But this past year was a catastrophe in the injury department. Of course not much you can do about many of the injuries i.e. Volmer.

However, it would be interesting to see how we stack up against the other teams medical wise. In other words we can say we are pretty healthy team and we do a lot of good medically but I think it has to be taken in the context compared to other teams etc...

Ignorant?...Ignorant just flew in from Vegas and boy, are his guns and hoes tired...:D

it's mini-camp as long as he is ready for July

why do they call it mini-camp? All these guys are basically huge in one way or the other...I'd call it maxi-camp. Sounds more manly too...who wants mini associated with themselves?

In fact, this is enough to depress Mickey Mouse. Why, you ask? Well, bunky, surely you've heard...Minny's fackin' Goofy...:eek:

why do they call it mini-camp? All these guys are basically huge in one way or the other...I'd call it maxi-camp. Sounds more manly too...who wants mini associated with themselves?

In fact, this is enough to depress Mickey Mouse. Why, you ask? Well, bunky, surely you've heard...Minny's fackin' Goofy...:eek:

It's in Edelman's contract.

The Patriots were waiting to see if they could avoid surgery by waiting a little while and allowing his foot to heal without it first.

He had surgery in early March, so I don't really see what it hurt by waiting 3-4 more weeks than when he'd have gotten it originally, which obviously wouldn't have been any sooner than early February since we were in the AFCCG.

I don't understand how anyone would consider waiting an additional 3-4 weeks as "botching things?" Why force one of your players to go under the knife if the problem may heal on its own? There's no way to predict how these situations are going to end up, especially when it was addressed only 5 weeks or so after the season ended.

One could have argued that it was "botched," had the team waited until May/June to have him go under the knife, but who could have predicted that his healing time would be a little longer than anticipated in the early off-season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back