PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Source: Dobson doubtful for minicamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps there will be a surprise appearance at minicamp Tuesday, but it currently does not look like Aaron Dobson will be taking part in practices this week.

Dobson, who is recovering from March foot surgery and did not take part in organized team activities, is said to be doubtful for this week’s mandatory minicamp, according to a source.

Source: Aaron Dobson doubtful for minicamp | masslive.com

Good God, it's a freaking foot. They've had like six months to get it right.

Looks like that effort on week 17 rainy game against the Bills indeed re aggravated his foot injury. No need to use him at that game...He is missing important time.

Good God, it's a freaking foot. They've had like six months to get it right.
Dobson had surgery on March 10th. At the time, they anticipated a 2-3 month recovery. It has been 3 months. It is never clear how soon a player can participate after recovery from an injury. I can certainly understand not have him practice until Training Camp. If he isn't practicing in July, I would much more concerned.

Dobs should just need a few more weeks to rehab. Those concerned (rightfully IMO) about playing him vs the Bills should agree. The guy I'm close to panicking over is Armond Armstead, who is close to retiring the Glass IR Dowling Career Achievement Award.

That's a shame. He really could have used that time to further hone his skills so the drops become less of an issue. But still, it's mini-camp. I'll be really concerned if he can't go by the time TC rolls around.

Not exactly surprising. Should be ready for camp though.

I don't know why anyone would expect him to be back for minicamp. Even if he was close to 100%, the staff would hold him out as a precaution.

That's a shame. He really could have used that time to further hone his skills so the drops become less of an issue. But still, it's mini-camp. I'll be really concerned if he can't go by the time TC rolls around.

Hopefully, he's married to the jugs machine in the interim

Thought it was known that there was a decent chance that he might not be ready for mini-camp when it was reported he ended up getting the surgery.

This is 100 percent the right thing to do. Let him rehab it for another month and be ready for TC rather than potentially risk reaggravating if for 3 days in June.

Thought it was known that there was a decent chance that he might not be ready for mini-camp when it was reported he ended up getting the surgery.

This is 100 percent the right thing to do. Let him rehab it for another month and be ready for TC rather than potentially risk aggravating the healing process for 3 days in June.

This. I think some of us are too used to people coming back abnormally quick from injuries, it's kind of becoming the new norm, but not everyone is an ultra fast healer.

I'd also hope we'd be a little cautious with him for mini camps, even if he looks 100%, give him an extra few weeks to be certain he's fully ready. Training camp and preseason are much more important on being prepared for the real games that start in September.

Dobson finally looked to be getting on the same page as Brady pre-injury, so he should at the least pick back up there and hopefully only improve on that.

Not a big surprise. Foot injuries sound "minor", but they are actually major injuries with unpredictable recovery times.

Not worried..if come training camp still issues..then i will be worried

I'm actually concerned about this. I feel like it's a big story going under the radar. I agree that holding him out is the right way to go. With all the injuries we've had over the years it just makes sense. He's missing valuable time though. And we really need his size playing wr. I really don't want to be depending on slot wr's the majority of the time again.

The thing that really bothers me is he started to understand the game more when he was hurt. The first half of the season he looked lost at the los. As he became more comfortable, the game started to slow down or maybe his mind was slowing down and he was processing the information in front of him faster. As the season went on he began to recognize what's in front of him and how to adjust to it. That's what bothers me. Is that he looked like he was finally getting it.

Why did they wait until March for the surgery, wasn't this an issue most of the season? Why couldn't they address this sooner after the AFCC?

Why did they wait until March for the surgery, wasn't this an issue most of the season? Why couldn't they address this sooner after the AFCC?

They thought it would heal on its own...it didn't

Much of Dobson development will come from understanding the speed and the offense in the NFL, which will come from studying game film. In addition, technique, and strength training are areas he can make the most gains. None of these things should be impacted significantly from his being unable to participate in OTAs, I really do not think this is going to deter him that much, actually Edelman had a foot injury all last offseason and he had by far his best season last year despite that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down