PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Source: Brady to San Fran

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are from the Boston area.

If one of the people on their staff was in the same college frat as someone who works for the Pats. If one of the people on their staff was a high school buddy with someone who works for the Pats. Etc.

Translation:

i-want-to-believe.jpg

They are from the Boston area.

If one of the people on their staff was in the same college frat as someone who works for the Pats. If one of the people on their staff was a high school buddy with someone who works for the Pats. Etc.

That's a huge stretch. Do you really think anyone with any knowledge of this situation would leak it if it was true? If the Patriots wanted to leak this story, do you think they would leak it to a rinky-dink website that no one reads?

They got a lot hits from the Brady's career is done story (where supposively they got a lot information from doctors close to Brady's situation who violated the doctor/patient confidentiality agreement to give them the story) and now they hope to get even more hits with the Brady to 49ers story (which defies logic). They must have gone to a pretty big frat because they had doctors who worked on Brady's knee and a Patriots insider in the same frat. I call bullshot.

NO. Translation is is possible they have a source. As I stated earlier I doubt their source is credible. But it certainly is possible.

Come on! Do you really believe that Brady is already ruled out of the 2009 season and possibly his career is over? Assuming that information is true, do you think the 49ers would trade for Brady? Do you think they would make this trade without all of his medical records and their doctors examining Brady's knee and forming their own prognosis? If the Pats are trading Brady, do you think they would consumate the deal with the 49ers before shopping him around? If they shopped him around, don't you think someone from another team would leak it to the national guys? It implies in the article that the Pats are sending him to the 49ers without shopping him because it would be the best fit for Brady and the Pats. When was the last time the Pats put the player's and another team's needs over their own?

Again, you do even a superficial analysis of this story and it doesn't pass the smell test. That is why I see there is no way there is an actual source for this story.

Come on! Do you really believe that Brady is already ruled out of the 2009 season and possibly his career is over? Assuming that information is true, do you think the 49ers would trade for Brady? Do you think they would make this trade without all of his medical records and their doctors examining Brady's knee and forming their own prognosis? If the Pats are trading Brady, do you think they would consumate the deal with the 49ers before shopping him around? If they shopped him around, don't you think someone from another team would leak it to the national guys? It implies in the article that the Pats are sending him to the 49ers without shopping him because it would be the best fit for Brady and the Pats. When was the last time the Pats put the player's and another team's needs over their own?

Again, you do even a superficial analysis of this story and it doesn't pass the smell test. That is why I see there is no way there is an actual source for this story.

You (and many others) seem to have hard time comprehending the difference between possible and probable.

I am not saying it is probable. I am saying it is possible.

If I had to lay odds on the likelihood that these folks actually have a source inside the Patriots I would put it around 5%. If I had to lay odds that Brady will be traded I would say that is around 15%.

Both are possible, while I put neither as probable.

This is not a recent phenomena. I was called a troll and a Giants fan last year for daring to say that it was possible the Giants might win the SB, even though I thought it was improbable. I was told I was an idiot and that a Giants victory was impossible.

Last edited:
You (and many others) seem to have hard time comprehending the difference between possible and probable.

I am not saying it is probable. I am saying it is possible.

If I had to lay odds on the likelihood that these folks actually have a source inside the Patriots I would put it around 5%. If I had to lay odds that Brady will be traded I would say that is around 15%.

Both are possible, while I put neither as probable.

This is not a recent phenomena. I was called a troll and a Giants fan last year for daring to say that it was possible the Giants might win the SB, even though I thought it was improbable. I was told I was an idiot and that a Giants victory was impossible.

How does the Giants winning the Super Bowl have anything to do with a bogus stories about Brady missing the 2009 season and getting traded to San Fran. The any given Sunday rule doesn't apply to injuries or trades.

I say the odds of Brady being traded as 0.000000001% and the odds that the deal is already basically done at 0.000000000000000000000000001%.

I will give you that is possible, but it is also possible that I win the lottery tonight and meet Megan Fox who will dump her 90210 boyfriend and fall madly in love with me. I give the odds of this story being true a slight edge over that happening to me.

this has gotta be fake and it prbly is

PATRIOTS SOURCE: TOM BRADY WILL BE TRADED TO SAN FRANCISCO

Tom Brady has played his last game as a New England Patriot and will be traded to the San Francisco 49ers, a source with ties to the Patriots organization has told Sportsimproper.com.

According to a Patriots official, the condition of Brady's injured knee
is worse than has been previously reported and will probably require further surgery. As a result, Brady will miss the entire 2009-2010 season. Brady would be 33 at the beginning of the following season (2010-2011) and the Patriots simply cannot wait that long for their superstar quarterback to return to form.

more -- SportsImproper | PATRIOTS SOURCE: TOM BRADY WILL BE TRADED TO SAN FRANCISCO

Let me get this straight.

Brady is out for 2009. Brady's career may be done. The Niners know this and are trading for him.

star-wars-darth-vader-sense.jpg

My god, man, what happened to you as a poster. What did Brady do to you to piss you off so much that you're rooting for him to be traded so badly that you will actually post this crap and claim its legit.

Oh, and of course, its also worth mentioning in any of these ridiculous threads that the trade deadline in the NFL has passed and trading is prohibited until February 27th...LOL

the site is called sports improper you tard

The spokes model from this bogus site was on Howard Stern today. She says that this site is trying to be the National Enquirer of sports (so there's your credibility there). She said they want to be controversial. Baba-Booey brought up this story to her and mocked her about it. She said that "we have our sources" and Baba-Booey responded "Yeah, I can't wait for the trade to happen" in a very sarcastic tone.

So this story can end right there. They are a BS site who clearly does not care about truth, but the shock value just like any gossip rag out there.

What do they know. Looks like all assumptions to me. Brady will be back and when he does he'll be just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes