PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sounds like we may be seeing more Underwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if Ocho is still hurt IMO. Or if Welker/Branch get hurt

I don't buy this "talent" can't produce in our system, because Randy Moss is not smart, yet he was the most successful WR in our franchise history.

Just because he's an idiot doesn't mean he's not smart.

I don't buy this "talent" can't produce in our system, because Randy Moss is not smart, yet he was the most successful WR in our franchise history.

he's a football genius also know as "the Einstein of the NFL"

Just because he's an idiot doesn't mean he's not smart.
Did I miss something or was Randy Moss not considered to be one of the smartest Wide Receivers when referencing specific football intelligence to ever play the game?

Hard to tell, but Mr. Underhill might just end up back in the Shire pretty soon if he doesn't catch the #$##% ball. Maybe he skipped "second breakfast"

Last edited:
More underwood...Price is a goon and should be dropped

Did I miss something or was Randy Moss not considered to be one of the smartest Wide Receivers when referencing specific football intelligence to ever play the game?

You are correct, sir.

Eraserhead....heh

I like that :)

This Underwood kid could be the "secret weapon" for all we know?

IMO Underwood should provide some burst on the outside, but I have a hard time believing he could beat the jam. But, then again he would have to catch a couple before teams would even think about jammin him.....

Wow

10 chars

maybe he can be our Laurent Robinson?

If he sticks around, it will say a lot about our offensive playbook and that is only a select few can get it. .

I've posted previously about the 2009 preseason game vs Philly in Philly. Edelman as a rookie was repeatedly showing Joey Galloway , a 10 year vet where to line up. I don't know if it was visible on TV but at that point,. it was evident who understood the playbook and who didn't and wasn't destined to stick around...

No we won't.

BB has called Moss one of the smartest receivers he has ever worked with.

I think you are referring to his PR skills, and that is definitely an area in which he is sorely deficient.

Brady said that Moss was the smartest WR he's ever played with.

Belichick had similar sentiments.

Last edited:
Didn't read the whole thread so apologies if this has been posted, but Underwood put up incredible numbers at the combine. He is really quick. Had the best 3 cone of the combine, and was near the very top in 20 yard shuttle ( 0.03 from #1), vertical leap, broad jump, and put up a respectable 4.41 40 yard as well.

Now if he can catch the ball....

Last edited:
He looked like he had the speed to get open deep. If he can get on the same page as Brady, we may have something of a burner here. That would definitely be a good thing. Can't say for sure how his blocking was as I didn't see him block yesterday, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes