PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sounds like the Bengals won't be getting better anytime soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBeliever

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
The other night on the way home from work I put on BSPN Radio and they were having their "Football Tonight" show or whatever it was. The hosts were talking with some pro football expert who said something that blew my mind.

This guy said that not only will Marvin Lewis not be fired after this season, but Mike Brown has told him he can stay as Cincy's head coach as long as he wants! :eek: The guy's in his sixth season, with a record of 1-10-1 and he has this kind of job security.

Why? Because despite how lousy they are and have been for all but one of the last 18 years, they are still turning a hefty profit, which is all Mike Brown cares about. (I guess that shouldn't be a surprise, since they sure don't spend a lot of money on players.)

We've known for years this is how Mike Brown runs his team, but it looked for a while that he was finally seeing the error of his ways. When he brought Marv Lewis in, it seemed he was finally focusing on the team's win-loss record instead of its bottom line. So much for that idea.

And yet the fans keep coming out in Cincy. :confused: It's like the Lions' situation, but William Ford at least seems to be trying to make things better (he just doesn't have a clue how.) But Mike Brown, his team sucks and he just doesn't care.

For years now I've been saying the Raiders won't get any better until Al Davis is no longer owning the team. I think it's safe to say the same about the Bengals. Until Mike Brown isn't running that club, they will continue to be a doormat. Someone needs to remind him he owns an NFL club, not an MLB club. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes