PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sounds Like Peyton Manning Is Coming Back

I agree I think the rivalry needs one more send off game. With us winning the SB, I think everything else is just gravy at this point. The GOAT issue is pretty much settled, except for the most deluded Pats hater and/or Manning ballwasher (**coughcoughTimHasslebeckcoughcough**) so we just enjoy the moment knowing we were around for this epic rivalry and that we won the war in the end.

It will be interesting to see if he really is done, if the injury was worse than we thought or if there was something else. I think he was already on the decline and the injury accelerated it. I expect another strong start from Mr. September and another decline towards the end, but how fast and how far remains to be seen.

And of course I'm always up for seeing another PO one and done. :D

Not unpopular. I think many of us here felt that Manning was playing hurt later in the season.
This indicates to me that many here expect him to be better starting 2-14 than he was finishing 2014.
Of course, further aging will occur and ducks flutter.

Agree that an even bigger issue is the team the players and their psyche given that they made statements that they did not want to face NE in NE.
That whole club just seems to be really fragile at the moment. Unbelievable how they went from 'best team ever??' talk just a little over a year ago to this.

RE on Manning: another thing that interests me is he always seems to be on 'pitch counts' towards the end of the year now. Throws a ton of flutters, then when there's a pass they absolutely need to make you'll see him pull a fast ball out of nowhere (the late touchdown against NE in 2013 comes to mind). Just a really interesting facet to how he has to play. When you see all the small windows Brady had to throw darts in the Super Bowl, its pretty clear his arm is a ways off from this kind of treatment.

Yeah. He was great at tricking people into thinking he was a playoff quarterback by playing great against the Titans.

It's not like the Jags and the Texans are chopped liver.

Er, I think I just insulted chopped liver.

Run Peyton run.

C'mon back now, ya hear.

Don't leave the game like this, c'mon back and really embarrass yourself.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fa...ncos-peyton-manning-intent-on-playing-in-2015

brock.gif

Sorry, Brock. Favre's records are just too close to walk away from.

While no official statement, we all know how the sideline-sulker's PR people work, and articles conjuring Rockyesque images of his `Eye of the Tiger` training sessions, wouldn't hit the newspapers unless he was planning to return for another one-and-done. Might as well make it an even 10.

I'm happy he's coming back. We play Denver in Mile High this year, so that sucks, purely because of the altitude, but assuming we keep the core components of our team together, and we remain healthy, I'm about as worried about Peyton and the Broncos as I usually am, which is not at all.

Another blowout domination for ESPN to get depressed over.

Fools gold for 3 years in a row. This year it'll probably be more like Fools Silver.

It's getting hard to keep up with how many times Brady has owned him now, but one or two more on the way to Superbowl 50 sounds fitting. I'm already calling it, though: Like in 2012 when he received the league MVP because he had back surgery, this year, the network fanboys will be trying to give it to him before Thanksgiving because of his age.

If the Broncos lose any of their young talent to pay this pocket sloth statue 20 million dollars, they fail.
If he doesn't restructure to help them get over the hump (the hump being an unbelievably crappy Colts team at home, in the first round), he fails.

Must be exciting to be a Bronco, and know that basically your only purpose this year is to help Mr Potatohead chase a yardage record. What fun.

Vegas picks Denver as 3rd most likely to win SB 50 - crazy.

Way too many iffs.

New HC and staff plus Peyton's health and age.

The Brady-Manning 2-2 playoff split is one of the most glaring examples that statistics lie.

Brady had the better team (due in most part to him) in 2007, 2012, and 2014. In ALL of those seasons, Manning choked at home in the playoffs and avoided getting smoked by Brady.

The ONLY seasons when Manning beat Brady in the playoffs, Brady was literally playing with his two worst teams of his career. The 2006 team and 2013 team were both overachievers who had absolutely no business in the AFCCG. The '06 team featured Reche Caldwell as their #1 receiver; he was so bad, he didn't even make an NFL roster the next season. The '13 team was a walking infirmary with a still-learning Julian Edelman as their top target.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back