PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sounds Like Peyton Manning Is Coming Back

PATS16N0

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fa...ncos-peyton-manning-intent-on-playing-in-2015

brock.gif

Sorry, Brock. Favre's records are just too close to walk away from.

While no official statement, we all know how the sideline-sulker's PR people work, and articles conjuring Rockyesque images of his `Eye of the Tiger` training sessions, wouldn't hit the newspapers unless he was planning to return for another one-and-done. Might as well make it an even 10.

I'm happy he's coming back. We play Denver in Mile High this year, so that sucks, purely because of the altitude, but assuming we keep the core components of our team together, and we remain healthy, I'm about as worried about Peyton and the Broncos as I usually am, which is not at all.

Another blowout domination for ESPN to get depressed over.

Fools gold for 3 years in a row. This year it'll probably be more like Fools Silver.

It's getting hard to keep up with how many times Brady has owned him now, but one or two more on the way to Superbowl 50 sounds fitting. I'm already calling it, though: Like in 2012 when he received the league MVP because he had back surgery, this year, the network fanboys will be trying to give it to him before Thanksgiving because of his age.

If the Broncos lose any of their young talent to pay this pocket sloth statue 20 million dollars, they fail.
If he doesn't restructure to help them get over the hump (the hump being an unbelievably crappy Colts team at home, in the first round), he fails.

Must be exciting to be a Bronco, and know that basically your only purpose this year is to help Mr Potatohead chase a yardage record. What fun.

Off course he is coming back to pat his stats.

Assuming the Pats are healthy and sign their key free agents looks like we are 1-0 already Peyton games are now gimmes

Will he be doing more TV commercials? :( Kill me now.

If they give him the MVP because of his age, they need to take back his 2009 MVP and give it to Brett Favre. I'm still outraged by that, look at these three stat lines:

QB A: 4388 yards, 70.6%, 34 TD, 11 INT, 109.6 passer rating
QB B: 4500 yards, 68.8%, 33 TD, 16 INT, 99.9 passer rating
QB C: 4202 yards, 68.4%, 33 TD, 6 INT, 107.2 passer rating

And they gave it to QB B, who, by the way, had by far the most stacked team of the three. Utterly indefensible. That and the fact that Rodgers won it over Watt this year prove that it's a sham (and yes I know the Texans didn't make the playoffs, but the Texans are the first overall pick without Watt. The Packers with Matt Flynn have scored 6 passing TDs in a game).

See ya in the AFC Championship.

I'm glad he's coming back. 10 one & dones sounds better than 9. This record will never be broken.

Last edited:
100% chance he was coming back from day one. Sounds like a Farve move- he needed the attention.

Let's hope he can get to 10. A record that will never be approached.

Comin back for stats but be careful what you wish for also can set yourself up for another failure. Gluten for legacy hits but Mediots will just spin story his way. Broncos can loose key players this year with FA. Not sure with their cap is.

Manning is one of the greatest QBs in league history. While in his prime, he was the player I feared most as a NE fan. So many epic battles over so many years.

However : the "keep away" skit really turned me off. It wasn't "fun". It was foolish and it further showed that numbers might be more important to Manning than wins. I didn't like it.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back